or Connect

Posts by shoreman1782

Glad I could take a trip down memory lane for the old guys. Other yearbook memories: The NYT article and influx of new members; the great crash; Grenson Masterpieces from Bennies; chronoaug, drizzt, cultpop, ernest, and Saucemaster; etc. etc.   And to prove shah right :) an 8 year old WAYWT photo for good measure:   Old apartment / Urban outfitters flat cap / phillies shirt over thermal / vtg French F2 / Nudie Regular Ralf Greycast / Converse Varvatos samples.
From what I can discern, the meters w finder for the bronica don't have a great rep, although something would be better than nothing. I sorta figured that for $100-$150 or more, I'd rather get something solid I could use with multiple cameras, rather than a mediocre tool exclusive to this system.   Truthfully, I got the 398 to help me learn, but it's expensive to learn on 120 film :)
Cutaways were pretty big in the early 2000s and the reaction was, arguably, buttondowns. IMO the super closed, stiff collars are relegated to gangster costume, but if that comes back around...
Thanks for the response. I don't shoot slide, at least not yet. I've only shot four rolls on my MF, but so far everything's been underexposed (shot at diferent times, but developed at the same time). Going to try and compensate on the next few.
Anyone on here have a spare spotmeter they'd be willing to sell? I haven't had great results from my Bronica SQ, seems mostly b/c I suck at metering with a Sekonic 398 and/or using a DSLR to meter.
^nice looking but seems like noise would be a problem?
It's true that if you're shopping at thrift shops now you're seeing less 70s and 80s weirdness and more 90s and early 00s Eddie Bauer, Gap, type stuff... washed jeans, oversized cotton knits, and structureless flannel shirts. Just the way stuff cycles.
Really like the polo Kamoshita is wearing in that vid--collar, placket, sleeve. Anyone know where to find one like that? Sorta ban lon style but not polyester?   (I also like that quotation, on how he appreciates being corrected by a mentor)
What are the jeans?
"Popover" is fine, if you won't wear them because you don't like the term, then don't. The alternatives (polo [inaccurate], rugby [same], woven long sleeve half placket shirt [ridiculous when a shorter alternative is available]) are no good. The shirts have been around a long time; why should the name change because you saw a mediocre version at J Crew and can't get over it?