or Connect

Posts by shoreman1782

Hoodie and sport coat like my boy 2003 Ashton kutcher Eg/eg/john Elliott/Nike/ikea
At the risk of sounding like a jerk, if I were planning a trip to NM and dug folk design I'd probably rather shop for something interesting while in NM than buy something imitative to wear on the trip.
Appreciate the perspective. Maybe a little too Dice Clay on me.  
Vintage Vanson cowhide. I just asked shah and skitlets IRL and they were noncommittal.
I mean, I don't disagree I guess but clothing choices are inherently expressions of class (and gender, etc.). No matter what you wear you're communicating something about how you see yourself, even if the implications and inferences people draw can vary. You can't just say "I want to wear comfortable clothes so I'll wear sweatpants, I don't MEAN anything by it." You're still making a choice that's unavoidably connected to your social standing.   The disconnect in the...
Cool vid. If I could cruise around doing fs shoves, wallies, manuals, and the occasional kickflip I would be totally satisfied with that. Unfortunately those things take skill, athleticism, and practice. Do you mean the appropriation/incorporation of skate culture into broader fashion or the evolution of style (like, clothing) within skating?  I think both can be pretty interesting although I agree that the former can lead to not so great results, like with the broadening...
Yeah nobody bit on that thread. A thread in SW+D on the influence of skating might be more popular. I get out every week or two for a couple hours. More transition these days than anything else. 
 Yo anyone one the fence about one of these Le Labourer jackets should just buy one. Picked one up from @habitant and I like it soooo much. This is not me at a macbook with a latte in my French work coat. But it's the same jacket I have.