or Connect

Posts by gaseousclay

I wear uniqlo selvedge jeans as my daily beaters. They're cheap and since I have a 2 yo I don't freak out when things get messy. I still like raw denim though but not @ $300. The most I've spent was $200 and I don't see that happening too often
the slim tapered vs slim straight is really going to be personal preference. how big do you like your cuffs? How much room do you prefer in the waist/thigh/knee? I have a pair of the Shadow Selvedge SL-120X and love how they fit. Sadly, I haven't actually worn them out yet since the weather has been so warm. I bought the SL-120X because I do expect shrinkage when I eventually put them through the wash, and they will shrink.
I always see third party items on sale - just look at the "J. Crew In Good Company" link in their sale section, which is all third party vendors. Which W&B items are excluded from sales? Seems like I see a lot of their stuff marked down as well
+1. J.Crew seems to have a perpetual 30% off sale going every week. It's rare that I see any of their stuff not on discount. I'm not 100% certain but the 50% off deals usually only come around at the end of the season and this is typically stuff with limited sizes that has been picked over. I would never pay full retail for their stuff, unless it was for a unique pair of Aldens
Me rikey. Are these currently available from N&F?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I finally got around to waxing my G trucker with some Otter Wax and took a couple of pics. Before After I used a 5 oz bar of Otter Wax, which is about what you'll need for an entire jacket. It took about an hour and I did it on my kitchen floor. The Otter Wax is tacky so I cut up a paper grocery bag and laid the trucker on top to avoid gunking up my floor. It was a fairly laborious task - after rubbing the bar into the fabric I spread it around and rubbed the wax...
Surprisingly, the size you got looks good on your frame. I had this funny picture of the trucker sitting higher up above your waist due to your height, but it seems to work for you
i'm 5'11, 180 lbs and wear a large. fits perfectly
odd, with your frame it almost seems like a medium would be better. but hey, what do I know?you're not supposed to wash or dry clean waxed canvas unless you want to ruin the jacket. I believe you should either spot clean with a damp rag or wipe with a brush to clean. As for the indigo stains, that sucks but that's the risk you take when wearing raw denim with a jacket. I had the same experience with a jacket I bought from J.Crew - it got indigo stains on the sherpa lining....
i'm excited for this. It'll be interesting to see how the fabric compares to my 3sixteen shadow selvedge jeans