or Connect

Posts by gaseousclay

I'm assuming the size conversion is correct because they fit perfectly. I measure a 9 on a Brannock as well as wear a 9D on the Alden Hampton last. The Sedgemoors fit TTS for me. I checked the C&J site and they list the Sedgemoor as being on the 335 last, but I don't know if a 9D truly equates to an UK 8E as the Barney's site specifies.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right. I absolutely love the sedgemoores. Just need to figure out what to wear them with. I also still need shoe trees, a suede brush and nano protectorSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holy smokes, those look amazing.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Took advantage of the barneyswarehouse.com clearance sale and nabbed these Sedgemoor 2 suede PTB's for $229 shipped. I was originally going to buy a pair of Alden suede PTB's but the stars aligned for me and Barneys actually had my size in the C&J's. Plus, I think they look slightly better Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you have your panties firmly wound up in a bunch. Nowhere did I mention YOU making a mountain out of a molehill, so get over yourself. My response was a matter of opinion, surrounding the negative responses with J Crew's Indy boot. So they're stealing the Indy boot design now, is that it? No one is allowed to make boots with moc toe stitching? If you don't like it don't buy it. Pretty simple.
But as some have stated, nobody owns a style. Sure, it's an Indy knockoff but so what? Not everyone can afford to drop $500+ on a pair of Indys. J Crew is simply offering the same style at a cheaper price point. Likewise with the Frye Walter boot. Alden snobs will continue to buy Alden, so what difference does it make? If you saw someone wearing the J Crew boot would you sit there and sneer at them because it's not an Indy? I think some of you are making a mountain out of...
Does Alden hold a patent for this style of boot? Not sure if that's the correct legal term. Also, Frye makes the Walter boot which is also an Indy knockoff. This leads me to believe that anyone can produce this style of boot. I don't think it really matters because Alden fans won't buy the J Crew version either way. J Crew is simply offering a cheaper alternative
You're a real dick. You could've just said your household brings in enough income to splurge on shoes and left it at that
Yep. Happened to me too and I had to call my bank to approve the charge.
Ok, then surely you guys are living the single life and can thus get away with spending thousands on shoes. My wife would have my testicles in a jar if I spent money like that