or Connect

Posts by gaseousclay

the lack of brass feet is a fail waiting to happen.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I'd have to see s sewn up version to decide. A tan trucker with brown moleskin collar might look coolSent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I own them but have never worn them. I got them as a denim grab bag last September. They don't strike me as flimsy...just another lightweight denim as far as I can tellSent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
agreed. the type 3 style is way better and more versatile and opens up more options for them in terms of fabrics they could use. they could use heavyweight denim, waxed canvas with a corduroy collar (like the TS long haul jacket), dark weft denim, duck canvas, etc. although, having a corduroy collar on their trucker might look weird because G's trucker collars are so big.
Ask someone on the Radiohead forum since 'the guy' you're referencing is Thom Yorke Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
i've had about 6 pairs of jeans chainstitch hemmed by AB Fits and they've done good work. Plus, I believe that's where Gustin gets their jeans hemmed. I only suggested Rail Car because they have all the proper equipment to do repairs/alterations and by all accounts are a trustworthy company.
your situation is an exception. finding a good tailor would require a great deal of research on the OP's part. I would trust a good tailor to handle suits, dress shirts and the like but definitely not denim. i'm sure any tailor would likely tell the OP they can alter his jeans, but he'd be doing so at his own risk. it's better to spend extra and get it done correctly the first time imo.
I would avoid a tailor at all costs simply because most do not specialize in denim fabrics. if you're looking to get work done on your jeans then do it right. i'd send them to Rail Car Fine Goods or someone whose specialty is denim.
Plus, Gustin usually charges a lot for their colored weft offerings, if memory serves me correctly. you might as well spend a little bit more and get something from one of the many Japanese brands out there. Even N&F offers colored weft denim, like the current sakura stretch denim with pink weftSent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Why not just buy from an establushed brand for colored weft denim? Plenty of RTW options out thereSent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk