or Connect

Posts by gaseousclay

Definitely a shame he's closing shop. His jeans have been on my wishlist for awhile, I just haven't been in a financial position to buy a pair recently. I think it's hard for a 1 man brand to to make a living doing what he does without selling in volume. Having lots of competition is one thing but the pricing is another. I've always wondered if he'd shift more jeans if he simply lowered his core offerings to something like $200-220 and then charge $275 for his SR series....
3sixteenRogue TerritoryRailcar Fine GoodsBravestar SelvageGustin (if you don't mind waiting 3 months)LeftfieldnycFreenote ClothTellasonNoble DenimNorman Porterthere are more but you'd have to Google them yourself
Hemming your jeans are a necessary cost for me. I pay about $25 on average for a hem. I simply can't do a double or triple cuff and prefer a single. Any alterations beyond a hem are a waste of money. Start buying jeans that fit Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I like it too. Just don't have that kinda spare cash lying around at the moment Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
@mikegnthensome were you guys planning on doing the tan plaid glacier shirt soon?
forgot to mention that, I turn mine inside out as well. I think it's important to note that we're talking about jeans. they will fade no matter what any of us do because of the nature of cotton. I'll always do an initial tub soak for new jeans but I seriously can't be bothered with tub soaks/washes for the life of my jeans. I simply don't have the patience for that.
a machine wash is fine so long as you don't throw your jeans in with another load of clothes. I did that once with my N&F denim and they got streaky. washing denim by themselves is fine though.
I always do a cold/warm tub soak before hemming. Helps get the starch and shrink out.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
If I ever take up panhandling or working in a coal mine i'll let you know. I guess I have a hang up about festering in my own filth so that I can achieve epic fadesSent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
With unsanforized you should expect 1-2" of shrink in the waist, a half inch in the thigh/knee and at least 2" in the inseam. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk