or Connect

Posts by kgmessier

Yes, and same as me. But then, does it even matter? If I've learned one thing, it's that my next entry is going to be absolutely smothered in T 'n' A. Guess I should have submitted this instead:
Epaulet shirt contest is live!LINK
I understand shrinkage, and I've experienced sizing differences among fabrics and seasons with GV, but this is extreme. It's such a variation that I'd say it's a mistake on Gitman's part.
OK, I just compared the plaid shirt I got from My Habit with this year's navy floral print, which I purchased from Unionmade (both tagged Gitman Vintage size M): Here's how the measurements stack up: PLAID Chest: 20.5 Front Length: 25 Sleeve: 23.5 Bottom: 21 Back Length: 29 FLORAL Chest: 21 Front Length: 27 Sleeve: 25.5 Bottom: 21 Back Length: 31 While the chest and bottom widths don't differ significantly (or at all), the lengths differ consistently by two inches. I...
Received my shirt on Monday, but I had it delivered to my office and didn't get to pick it up till today. I've only had a couple minutes to give it a preliminary try-on and found the same as the other guys: Seems to be a normal fit everywhere except in the hem and arm length, which are short.When I get home tonight, I'll post measurement comparisons between this shirt and other Gitmans I own.
This hasn't happened yet, right? (Or did I miss it because of the glazed-sandwich coma?)
Yes, please.
I like each half on its own, but I'm not loving the combination. I think the jacket is too formal/finished for the casual denim. The fit of everything looks good.Although more contrast would improve the composition, I do like this photo a lot.
Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys (y muchas gracias, Roberto)! I had a blast yesterday. In our house, the rule is there are (essentially) no rules on your birthday. I wanted to do something decidedly over-the-top to start the day, and I remembered reading about the Luther Burger a couple years ago. Decided to go with "a breakfast version," as cyc wid it put it. I had plans for lunch as well, but the breakfast sandwich was so filling I had to skip lunch altogether. I...