or Connect

Posts by krawlx

Thanks! I will be giving those shops a look as I work near Gangnam and live near Myeong-dong.
OP....mind letting me know the tailor you used? I looked though this thread but didn't see it. I am thinking of getting something bespoke in the near future, and would like to check this place out. The work looks fantastic.
Like the OP, I found that C&Js simply don't fit my feet that well. Unlike the OP, I tried multiple sizes and widths and then realized they simply didn't fit. My question is this: at what point is it no longer because of the shapes of the feet of the people but a mistake in the last? I am NOT saying that I think there is a mistake. C&J makes beautiful shoes and I am envious of people that can wear them. They just happen to not fit my foot. But if this problem becomes...
I was in China for about three weeks, and spent a few days in Xi'an. I wish I had spent more time there and done more research on the city before I got there. The terracotta warriors are the major highlight, but I loved the layout and feel of the city.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay We didn't have it in Indiana until a few years ago. It was fine with me, but it kept people not familiar with these parts confused as to the time here. I used to live in SE Indiana, not far from the Ohio border, and I worked and did most everything in the Cincinnati area, which did observe DST. Coordinating anything was always a huge headache. When did Indiana finally make the change?
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow Dressing well is about the process. It's about learning and overcoming difficulties. It's about doing it the only correct way, which is how our grandfathers did it. Dressing well is about working with what you have, achieving the best result and being responsible for the failures and victories. Above all, dressing well is about teaching yourself discipline, neatness, skill and attention to details. Therefore, I do not...
I've lived in Korea for a number of years, and while I have not seen this myself if someone told me they had seen it I would not even be remotely surprised. I have seen women accosted in public, called crazy bitches, among other niceties, for smoking in public. The idea that a drunk older man might do this is very, very plausible.
Quote: Originally Posted by pvrhye I've seen a few. To wit, one in Times Square in Youngdeungpo, and one in the Lotte Young Plaza in Myeongdong. You are correct. I just looked at the Muji Global site and there are about 8 locations. Have you noticed if the other locations carry ties? The shop in Myeongdong seems to be eliminating them, and they also aren't listed on the online site. It's too bad, because I get a lot of compliments on the ties...
A (weird) question for the OP: what time of day did you buy your shoes? I bought a pair of Moreschis, and when I tried them on they fit like a dream. I walked around in the shop for a bit and had no problem. However, it was relatively early in the morning when I bought them and my feet hadn't yet expanded. After wearing them for the day they became increasingly tight. While they never gave me blisters I wish I had stepped up half a size. That was one year ago. Shoe...