or Connect

Posts by Omega

Gentlemen, I would like to buy MTM shirts and saw SuitSupply store on Vigo street. It was quite busy unlike other stores nearby. What is your opinion of SuitSupply MTM shirts, especially with easy care or non iron fabric? How are they quialitywise in comparison to other brands or tailors? Thank you
Perhaps like many people on fashion forums, I heart a lot of about John Lobbs and its factory shop in Northampton. Unfortunately, I never had an opportunity to be near Northampton, but this Friday I was heading nearby and decided to drop in. The location of the factory was quite interesting - a quiet urbanised narrow street. The entrance is far from being impressive (it is not Harrods for sure), old doors which, perhaps, got thicker from being painted too much. And the...
Hello, everyone, I have a pre-tied bow tie which I wear with my tuxedo, but, unforunately, I start getting bothered that it is not proper one, especially because people around my on formal parties can tell the difference. I will perhaps buy one from ebay, but could you advice me, please, what should I check before buying bow tie that it looked well on me (except price and colour)? Are there different styles or materials which are considered to be the best for bow...
There is quite a lot of information about capsule wardrobe for women, even a programme "Gok's Fashion Fix" on TV, but I did not find much info for men - http://www.mademan.com/mm/how-create...-wardrobe.html http://www.omiru.com/index.php/2009/...sule-wardrobe/ Since I try to have very few items (less things you own - less things to need to look after, i.e. more free time and money to do other things), but want to look stylish, I am very keen to get advice how to organise...
Gentlemen, I read the thread "Comprehensive List of Links to High-End Shoes" and would like to ask your opinion about these shoes - Mr. Cat from Brazil. I am not an expert in shoes, but I live very close to an outlet where I can buy Loake, Cleverley, Cheaney and Church's. I also looked at Barker, JL, Tricker's and other shoes in Selfridges, but I trully cannot say Mr. Cat is of much worse quality. Yes, I can see the quality is not the same as of JL, but still very...
What to see in Moscow and St. Petersburg??? Everything!!! Kremlin, Red Square, Pushkin Museum, Winter Palace (I want to show it to my wife, the paintings there are priceless), Army Museum (war and history are interlinked), Moscow metro (especially central part, check out photos on internet, this is a real museum, plus it works better than London Tube), Tolstoy museum, Moscow State University (beautiful building). Have a walk along Nevskij prospect in St. Petersburg...
Just was thinking to recommend Papworth/Swaine Adeney, but... cannot find it for less than £650 now! It was easy to find a Papworth for a laptop for £250-300 on ebay before, black colour briefcases were usually sold cheaper than tanned ones. However, not sure if you can find one for such a price now, prices suddenly rocketed... Is it inflation? You may try to huggle, many shops give discount on these items. Papworth holds very well - I got mine about 6 years ago for a...
Skyroll, is it not a good alternative to MCM Multifunctional Soft Travel Bag? http://www.skyroll.com/wheels.htm It has version on wheels and simply to carry. I think it is a good choice - many airports are not places to show your wealth...
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter It runs the risk of looking like that guy who buys a lot of nice expensive stuff but doesn't know how to put it all together. This is what I am trying to avoid, that's why I started this thread! Thank you for putting it in simple words. Things must work with each other, but sometimes I think that while I get it (matching colours, style etc), it can still overcomplicate the image...
Quote: Originally Posted by Icehawk the aluminum one and thought it felt a whole lot cheaper than the SS/shagreen one I have . Which model do you refer as SS/shagreen? I looked at the shop's website, but cannot figue out...