or Connect

Posts by Omega

Dear riders, I have two questions: 1. For everybody - I'm at the moment on the market to buy myself new gear. I'm thinking to get new textile cordura trousers (Rukka Unit Gore-Tex to be more specific) and a leather jacket (something similar to Lewis Leathers Dominator No. 551, I haven't decided yet because I was told that it does not have a protection, so I want to ask Lewis Leathers if they can put protection on it or check if I can wear some racing body armour...
Got reply from him, so will be ordering soon
Gentlemen, I want to order a pair of shoes from Cliff Roberts of Northampton. Could you tell me what are his current Terms and Conditions for ordering? I want to order black Oxfords with elasticated upper near eyelets that I could slip-on without untying the laces, best most durable full-hide leather, maybe on Cuban heels. Hopefully , it is not something too different that he can accommodate the order, but happy to drop off some requirements to make life easier. And yes, I...
Thank you. It looks like Patagonia is the choice - I like how it looks, I like how it sounds. And sudden U-turn: my bike's engine did not take it and blew up... Now I got myself a scooter With plenty of storage and good fairing it is much less hassle to travel 170+ miles daily. However, I will look for Patagonia bag in London, it looks really nice.
I think custom bag will cost more...
Thanks for advice – it was a bit off-topic (I wondered how to keep my bulky bike gear in the office during the day), but still you sent me in the right direction, i.e. keep something in the office. Yes, this is the answer - keep a wheeled bag or a suitcase in the office for my bike gear! Could you give me a suggestion on a suitcase/bag? I want it to be narrow, on wheels, collapsible to a small size that I could hide it easily and about 50+ litres volume when expanded. It...
This bag looks absolutely beautiful for biking. However, it is too small for me, I need something 2 -3 times larger. I also thought perhaps it should be on wheels otherwise it will look too odd in an office. Thanks.
I used to wear my office clothing - shirt, tie, v-neck sweater, trousers - under my bike gear. However, my new employer requires me to wear suit all the time, so I cannot get away with a sweater. My apologies for not explaining myself properly: I wonder how to carry/keep my gear in the office in a style (-ish). Motorcycle jacket, trousers, boots, helmet - it is quite a lot. I work in London, travel a lot and hence my gear is not clean enough to hang it with the clothes of...
I drive motorcycle to work (170+ miles daily) as it is the quickest and most convenient means of transportation in my case. At work, I am required to wear business suit with a proper shirt, tie and shoes. However, I need some nice looking case/bag to transport my things - my briefcase (Papworth) with laptop and charger, Lat56 Rat-Pak suit carrier and shoes while driving to/from work and keep my biking gear (jacket, trousers and boots) and Lat56 Rat-Pak after I change to...
Gentlemen, I want to order MTM shirts: formal to wear with a suit and a tie, non-iron, 100% cotton and preferably with detacheable cuffs and collar. About the price – perhaps £40-120 per shirt is reasonable thought maybe I could stretch more if the quality is really good. Would you suggest me where I could order such shirts in the UK? I found a few threads for the US, but none for the UK retailers. Shirts don’t have to be manufactured in the UK, I only don’t want to travel...