or Connect

Posts by Omega

I came across this company while doing internet search: http://www.adlershoes.co.uk/index.html . The method they measure your feet makes sense and the price is so good that I wonder if they are taking any shortcuts. Do you know about the quality of the shoes, construction, materials they use etc? I wrote to them and got this answer: "Thank you very much for your email. Our shoes are either Goodyear welted (by hand) or Blake welted (mainly loafers – also by hand) - we...
If you feel your passion for clothes is causing or may cause you problems in the future, then perhaps you need some moderation. I like the advice of mensimageconsultant to use a spreadsheet - I use it and it really makes me feel that I have enough clothes . I frequently read articles on minimalism and they encourage me to reduce things I own and focus on more important things. However, be careful - do everything in moderation, many would-be minimalists get initially so...
From my experience it is better to get it from a local tailor in order to correct it faster and with less hassle. Never, never go with travelling tailor Ravis Tailors and bear in mind they trade under other names too - while fabric is good, the stitching is not straight everywhere, their travelling agent is taking measurements badly, they ignore your requests by email (they reply, but then do what they want) and they don't want to give your money back. So if you have a...
Unfortunately, nobody replied and I decided to buy from Ravis Tailors. They are BAD!!! CT corrected by a tailor is a safer bet. Still in dispute with Ravis Tailors for my money back, but it does not look like I will get any satisfaction... And I am not that demanding customer and many members of the forum - Ravis are so bad that many RTW shirts for £15 can beat them in fit!
Found interesting article on the topic - there are quite a few in the net: http://effortlessgent.com/what-girls-want-to-see-guys-wearing-in-the-gym/
I think SAB took totally different route from what you expect - I bought Papworth 81 briefcase for less than £100 10 years ago (I admit, I was very lucky) when they were about £300£350 (if you nicely ask for a very big discount), now they cost £1100!!! Common, I think only a year ago they were under £900. And repairing them is also very expensive - I lost a small screw from the lock and was given a rough estimate of at least £40, I fixed it for free with a local custom...
I did not come across them until yesterday and was very surprised. Many synthetic Dri-Fit polo shirts I saw were quite well made – accurate stitch lines, fabric comfortable to touch (not Smedley, but still good) and good silhouette. Plus synthetic materials usually hold better their colour and shape than many natural fabrics after many washing rounds, but cost less. I wonder why not many people use them for a causal wear? In my opinion they look better than Sunspel Riviera.
I got two replies, both offline. This is how I interpret the answers: 1. How to select good durable fabric? - Ask tailors what would be their recommendation. European fabrics are good, but Asian fabrics improved considerably in the last 10 years. VBC is one of the most popular fabrics and for a good reason, so don't be put off by lower price. 2. Should I go for a three-piece suit as my first W.W. Chan suit? - some tailors make errors with their first suits, but W.W.Chan...
Asked my wife - she think shoulders are fine, but chest is tight. I like close fitting shirts, does this one look too tight? [/ATTACHMENT]