or Connect

Posts by JTG

Hi, it does work like a traditional Barbour or Belstaff. We have them made in Birmingham by a company that does a lot of waxed weatherwear. Seen a few out in the rain and they seem to work fine. It will not be as good as a modern fabric such as used on motorcycle waterproofs etc but it is old technology this waxed stuff. Hope this helps.
Melton Wool Harrington is much heavier than the regular ones, it really is a great winter version. Or if you're in the UK the waxed one is perfect for most of the year. We like them. The cut of the newer Raglan version is much more like the original Harrington style pattern. They are longer in the body than our old pattern and slimmer in the body and arms. The weight of the cloth is also heavier. Hopefully the lining is a little softer than previous ones. Overall it is an...
Hi, even though our sta prest say "dry clean only", lots of people cool machine wash them with a good ironing afterwards. Thanks.
Sorry Johnmc16. Touchy I am not but maybe a little abrupt. I appologise if I came across so. It is very difficult to compare prices when items are from different manufacturers. There are many factors that determine the end price. Often small independents are making very short runs of items which increase cost, as well as development of patterns and different wools in this particular case. Considering the small numbers made for "North Sea" they are not really overpriced,...
No Need to throw your toys out of the pram..... It just seems odd that the site didn't make it clear as this is quite a selling point. Supplying the MOD means nothing i'm afraid.
We stock some North Sea at Jump the Gun and of their small range it is all made in the UK. Lots of people are making a submariner of varying quality. I don't think North Sea are an actual manufacturer but they are having it made here. If Outdoor knitwear are making their jumpers in the UK then they don't seem to be very keen on telling us. Yes it looks like the wool is British but knowhere can I find on their website says "Made in UK". British designed often leeds you to...
Zip coats will be back in stock in the next couple of months in all sizes. Working on the "Authentic" for before November. If you wear a 28/30 in a jean and measure 31 then you have to go for a 32. You will never get into a 30. Thanks, Adam
We have thought about Pea coats but it would be difficult. Our plan is to stock the one made by Stirlingwear of Boston which seems to be the best replica available (the "Authentic"). Hopefully we will do these later this year but are probably available easily in the US. If anyone has a reason not to like this one then let me know as all opinions are most welcome. Our semi nod to a pea coat is our Zip coat. A little late 60's and very fitted, made in Brighton (yes...
Thanks Crackerjack.
Hi, fit of our suits at JTG is slim. They are not very waisted as we like a really early 60's look to them. Shorter than most in the body so if your much over 185 you will probably find it a bit too much of a bum freezer. Trousers are very slim fit so you have to size up from usual but we do this as standard. Big thighs and you may have a problem. They certainly are not baggy. If they fit you as they should it might be the best suit you ever buy off the peg. Quality is...