or Connect

Posts by Valor

Interested in the SC, are you sure its marked 4 sizes too big?
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard +1 I had a music teacher in undergrad ("Clapping for Credit," as the class was popularly known) who looked, acted, and appreciated music pretty much identically to Hannibal Lecter. It was eerie. You took MUS105? lols I wouldn't listen to music using speakers, get some headphones and enjoy yourself
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG This is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read in CE, and that's saying something. "Pre-ban" refers to certain semi-automatic weapons that were banned during the years the Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) was in effect (1994-2004). Pre-ban firearms were semi-automatic firearms that remained legal to possess due to the fact that they were grandfathered in. As soon as the sunset provision in the law took effect,...
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah Had they tried to gain access to his home and he had shot at them with a fully automatic weapon, they would have gained access and he would be dead. So I'm not really sure how this is a perfect example of why homeowners need machine guns to defend themselves. Also, how much is an AK-47 in most states? I thought this was a very expensive piece to own domestically. 650-1k ish as opposed to 1200-1500 for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Butter Isn't AK-47 classified as an assault rifle? If that's legal and that easy to acquire...then there are some bigger problems out there. Yes the full auto ones are, they were mostly imported pre ban (94 or w/e?) but nowadays we no longer have the ban (Bush) and Obama didn't reimpose it, so you're free to buy the full auto ones in lots of places. If you live in the south you can pretty much walk into a store/gun...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jekyll Fair point. I guess I don't really see why the average shooter would want an AK-47, other than for its historical significance/cool factor. It doesn't seem like it would be practical for hunting or home defense. Full-auto would be a lot of fun at a range. If you're not an experienced gun owner, an AK-47 would be one of the best weapons in this situation had there actually been 20 people trying invade your...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter my metric would be in how that culture delivers goods (both material and intangeble) to the majority of the people. I like a culture that gives a larger portion of the people a better life. almost nobody has a good life under pashtun culture - the women don't, the low status men don't, the pretty boys don't, and frankly most of the men who are highest in status still are unhealthy, insecure and live pretty shitty...
If you're actually in China, people don't tip (IE the band) so when you pull out 100$ people think you want services or something in exchange for it.
Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan Chainsaw. That's what patrick bateman would do. Throw a chainsaw down the stairs.
Send out like 80 resumes a day, that's what I did.