or Connect

Posts by v1100110

Any brands to look for/stay away from?
Are there any watched in the $100 price range that would work for a guy with really small wrists? I've stayed away from owning watches just because I can't find one that really works with the size of my arm. Just haven't been able to find anything, is the Swatch Auto a big watch?
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackhood I always see wearing a suit as a sign of respect more than an attempt to look right. You essentially say "I know your job is important, and that you'll be seeing 10 other people who don't know what they are talking about, but I apreciate the fact you have read my CV, and decided to give me a chance. This is me at my best and I thank you for the oppertunity." Whether you will fit into the environment is for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by bananananana Where did you or those interviewees hear that? The fact is, it's uncertain for them, and I think it's more of a common knowledge to err on overdressing in a suit and tie than going just a little above what people in the office wear. I'm just saying it sounds it wasn't required because the dress in your office is more casual. It's not uncertain, If you know someone who already works at the place...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 If you can afford a cellphone and the plan to go with it, then you can afford a suit. too cheap/not have the resources to wear a suit to an interview is a sign of poor planning, lack of initiative, and inability to be resourceful. All of which are traits that should disqualify a candidate for any meaningful job. I use my cellphone everyday. If you only wear a suit to interviews, that's once every few...
I just had an interview Monday where I did wear a suit and tie and felt really over-dressed. It was at a mid-sized corporation for a design position and the two people interviewing me weren't dressed up at all. One guy wore a wrinkled plaid shirt and the other guy wore a polo tucked into khaki's. I wish I would have opted for the no-tie look. I would guess that the guys showing up sans-tie assume they are going to be over-dressed already and don't want to feel silly like...
Quote: Originally Posted by j I think the most versatile first handgun is going to be a compact/subcompact 9mm Glock. I agree with this. My first was a Springfield XD 9 and I think a Glock would have been a better purchase. It doesn't feel as good in my hand when just holding it or look as good IMO, but the feel of SHOOTING a glock vs shooting the springfield is better to me. I wouldn't recommend a .22 for a first gun or only gun because they...