or Connect

Posts by v1100110

Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan I have nothing against retarded people. In fact, I'm that guy that tells people not to make retarded people jokes in front of me. I think it's appalling. However, death row, and prisons in general, are chock full of retards. LOL, It's good to know we have someone standing up for all the retards out there. My thing is when an expert hacker, driver or whatever kind of talent will be brought in...
Choose your adventure: I'm joking: Got it. I'm serious: Maybe stay in school for now.
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles most everyone will agree that using technology is NECESSARY and GOOD when in a society that uses it. I'll be one of the people not on board with this statement. I'm no luddite, in fact I'm a big computer guy- programmer, designer, tinkerer. I don't think technology is always good or necessary. Technology has saved a lot of lives, but it's also ruined plenty. Still, the main problem is society's ability to...
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi we had a person here once who designed a product line because she 'felt it was the ideal product for today's consumer'. turns out it was the ideal product for HER, and we only got a few thousand customers because not everyone in the country was like her. A lot of great products are developed this way. Wouldn't it be up to the marketing department to get the message of the product out to the right people?
Quote: Originally Posted by musicguy It actually fits pretty well. I agree the pants seem to fit well. The rise is slightly higher than I like, but it's not bad. How tall are you? I'm 5'7" Quote: Originally Posted by musicguy The jacket seems a bit short, but useable. The shoulders are big... Not sure what to do though. It's strange that the shoulders on your shirt fit great but the suit doesn't. Overall the jacket seems a...
Quote: Originally Posted by mjc The jacket sleeves look good to me, but the shirt sleeves are too long, in my opinion. The shoulders do look too wide, judging by the position of your shoulders against the door, with and without the jacket. How do they compare to the measurements you supplied? - Mike I feel like I'm more in this camp. I don't think I want the shirt sleeves that long. If the shirt was closer to what I was looking for I'd...
I just got my Indochino order in today. Classic navy suit, White utility shirt, brown tie with a coupon that was going around last month. I just did my best to get the measurements accurate and this is how it came to me. I'm scared to comment about the fit and show my ignorance, but I think I expected more. The shoulders ended up too wide and I don't really know how to describe the other things with the jacket I'm unsure of. Arms might be too short. Even though...
wow.
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin Well, the "Big" houses like Patek, Audemars, Vacheron, IWC, Rolex, etc. are still going to be high dollar items. There are great deals to be had on plenty of good Swiss houses though...Omega, GP, Universal Geneve, etc. Also, plenty of good deals on the classic American houses, like Hamilton, Bulova, Illinois, Gruen, etc. Those are, for the most part, in-house movements with some of the higher grade stuff from the...
Quote: Originally Posted by bananananana What is your field btw? As I said in my OP, this is for consulting, so it's not like a design or an internet startup company. A suit would not make them look uptight and I don't see how a client facing role as a consultant implies that being in a suit makes them look uptight. And I'd disagree about the cheap suit thing. I'm realistic and know most people aren't SF esque and know what a nice suit is or even...