or Connect

Posts by Mark it 8

Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater If I were defending BP, my argument would go something like this: BP provides a service that's very valuable to all of society. Because of the drilling that BP does, people get cheaper gas, which stimulates the economy, gets goods and services to your door more efficiently, lets you have freedom of movement, lets you fly around the world, etc. In BP's business, things don't usually go wrong, but when they do,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Matt BP CEO REVEALED IN SATANIC SECT Showing the kind or wanton disregard for life that was the hallmark of his reign at BP, embattled CEO Tony Hayward today took his own life in a bizarre 'circle of guilt' whereby his genitals were shackled with a humbler while his body was suspended from a ceiling fan. First on the scene, bizarre sexfiend and Quality Seller edmorel commented later that 'it wasn't the strangest thing...
Quote: Originally Posted by Matt NOTHING BETTER TO DO, SIR? Turning his back on shareholders and the responsibilities of running one of the world's largest corporations, the BP CEO decided to spend his week on the seashore with a corporate-branded pail. "It is hard to see how this makes any difference whatsoever to the mass of ecological destruction this man has presided over," said environmental activist and author Mr. Green Knob, whose new book...
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 For those of you who are fucking morons and lack basic understanding of how shit works, here's what's going to happen: The government will happily take BPs money on behalf of the "little guy who got fucked". The government and BP will work together to ensure that the "little guy" has limited if any direct recourse to BP. The government will take the BP payoff money money and give it to its favorite...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Wow I really want to punch that hipster in the face. BUT... you wouldnt hit a guy with glaysses, wouldja?
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon THIS - but it works both ways. The displaced workers, taking on their share of the risk, are not entitled to full replacement of any lost wages, either. some of that risk is mitigated by unemployment insurance, etc.... but the idea that a free market should mean BP pays what AF referred to as "all manner of claims including those that are unreasonable" is by definition wrong, as some of them are unreasonable and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire I'm certainly not doing that. I did however observe that we're very good at making trial lawyers rich, which you agree with too, but not so good at actually creating and getting buy in for systemic fixes that benefit society in general. As Fuuma keeps pointing out, money seems to flow away from general societal welfare and concentrate in (often dubious) spots. Part of a systemic fix, though, needs to...
Wear whatever makes you feel most confident. If you are going to go in there worrying whether the color of your suit is acceptable, dont wear it. Your goal is to exude confidence, competence, and the ability to fill a need within the organization. Anything that detracts from that should be scrapped. If you feel okay in a brown suit, it wont matter. However, the fact that you are asking here indicates that you dont.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano Again, I'm not an economist, but if your position is that this will completely shut down the entire Gulf economy to zero for decades, then no I completely reject that. It certainly didn't have that impact in Alaska. I don't know how much it will cost and neither to you, but trillions seems like useless puffery. I dont know what the eventual number will be, but I dont think we have even begun to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto 20 billion is chump change. The Gulf lost trillions in their economy. Who knows if it ever recovers. BP ain't paying trillions. America got fucked. +1 BP does not have enough money to remediate the damage done. Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano For the record, I think Obama is, at best, worthless in this situation and, at worst, an impediment to progress. He can't even...