or Connect

Posts by Mark it 8

Quote: Originally Posted by paraiso Stopping the oil is first priority but there are other ways to do it that don't leave Louisiana vulnerable to a hurricane. Face it, Jindahl is an asshole who wants to score political points and nothing more. Guess what? Those barrier islands you keep touting are pretty eroded anyway. A few weeks of dredging doesnt make much difference. The barrier islands are not going to save us this hurricane season;...
Quote: Originally Posted by paraiso Jindahl is such a smart fellow. I mean, who needs barrier islands in a region where a hurricane can be devastating? Seems to me like Bobby is using the oil spill for nothing more than scoring political points. Like that ridiculous stance of his regarding volcano monitoring, Bobby seems to think that potential natural disasters ain't shit. Oh shut up. You dont have any idea what you're talking about....
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark it 8 Reading the article, it sounds like McC has always thumbed his nose at authority, but he was smart about it and really good at his job, so he has risen through the ranks. Unfortunately, it seems hubris has run amok in his posse and those guys arent so smart about it. McC didnt really say much in the article; most of the inflammatory comments come from the posse, but McC is at fault for not running a tighter...
Quote: Originally Posted by rjakapeanut this is the most attention i've gotten on styleforum ever lol anyways, what i mean is i only want to be a lawyer. my backup is english teacher. i'm an english major right now. either way don't trip, my grades are good enough for t14, and i'm probably going to go to LSU. so i'll likely get a full ride anyway. Do NOT do this. Go to the best school you can unless it is only marginally better than LSU....
Quote: Originally Posted by thenanyu I've been following his career for years. Never struck me as anything but smart and well respected by most of the political spectrum. He really does come off as an incredibly arrogant, condescending prick. Most of the people interviewing him didnt know shit about the budget, so they just gave him the doe eyes and nodded. Cavuto was the only one willing and knowledgeable enough to call him out on his BS.
Reading the article, it sounds like McC has always thumbed his nose at authority, but he was smart about it and really good at his job, so he has risen through the ranks. Unfortunately, it seems hubris has run amok in his posse and those guys arent so smart about it. McC didnt really say much in the article; most of the inflammatory comments come from the posse, but McC is at fault for not running a tighter ship.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater Can negligence claims be brought in state court if the negligence itself did not occur within that state? For some reason I remember from law school there were cases like this - usually where smog goes from one state to another, but I don't remember what the outcome was. Yes, I believe so. I think you are right that the accident situs usually needs to be in the state, but the actual economic damage is...
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater Well, that's the million dollar question, isn't it? I think a lot of people assume that it's a forgone conclusion that BP was even negligent. It may be that BP was using state of the art technology and that BP was exercising reasonable care under the circumstances when this happened. I think you mean 100 billion dollar question Anyway, I keep saying this over and over- those claims can be brought under...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire But would you be required to pay the money lost to the owners employees in wages, purveyors in revenues, etc? It seems that this is where this is headed. Not saying if it's right or wrong, just want a correct analogy set up. True, but setting a bright line cap doesnt do anything to differentiate between those directly affected and those tangentially affected. If that fund doesnt cover those directly...