or Connect

Posts by Mark it 8

The entire bar exam for my state was essays. They were pretty in depth, but the same approach applied- stumped on an issue, make up a rule and IRAC like crazy.
I feel for you. I knew quite a few people in your position and it's rough, particularly after completing the hell of law school. Try to remember that you are not alone. As for the bar exam, I think you should take it. You don't want to keep thinking of what could have been. Just pass the bar, then see what options you have. That said, I do not think you should take the February bar. It sounds like you're not feeling very confident and failing to pass the February bar...
He is, unfortunately, not in an uncommon situation. One option for him to consider is a specialized area with less competition. For instance, tax can open doors in the big 4 as well as at law firms. He would probably need an LL.M., but that only takes a year and is worth it if he truly enjoys that area of law.
Went to watch the fight in a bar last night. Looked over at the table next to me and Jason Statham and Bobby Rich were sitting there watching the fight. I was just waiting for the token drunk tough guy to start a fight with one of them.
I would seriously advise against the JD/MBA. I have quite a few acquaintances who have the degree and it seems to really confuse potential employers. The MBA portion is truncated, so businesses don't seem to have as much respect for the MBA, and law firms understandably suspect candidates are not committed to law. I'm sure there are success stories out there, but I haven't heard them. With the added pressures of the current market, the additional debt, and the additional...
My favorite scene ever. Tarantino is such a master of dialogue. The scene between the Jew Hunter and the French dairy farmer at the beginning of Inglorious Basterds is very similar, but not quite as good.
My gym actually has a separate powerlifting coach. They also allow members to come in and use the equipment for their own routines. I'm pretty happy with what they offer, but if it were not for these extras, I would have a difficult time justifying the cost.
Yeah, I just accept that I'll be one of the slower people in the class and try to focus on form. Some of those movements are just stupid to do when you're panting so hard you feel about to pass out. I dont do rebounding box jumps either. I just jump up and step off. My achilles is more important than my time.
I agree with much of what you say. I did not mean to infer in my previous post that Crossfit is the answer for all goals. My personal goals dont match with Crossfit super well, which is why I break it up with other routines. Adjusting my diet has really made a major impact.