or Connect

Posts by Asherlc

Quote: Originally Posted by Lane he meant wear coming from use of the jacket. Yeah, that's what I meant. It is plenty durable enough for my needs, and I wear it outside often.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arethusa Plenty of people here wear jeans, tshirts, and chucks as a daily uniform. Complexity has nothing to do with it. You can't buy a good leather jacket for 200, though. I know people have different standards, but I am quite happy with my Costco leather jacket that I assume cost under 200 (I got it as a gift). It's very comfortable, I've gotten lots of compliments on it, and I can't see wearing out any time...
Quote: Originally Posted by ghdtpdna As usual, most americans are too used to wearing shirts that are huge on them. They act like shirts constrict them so much. I was one of those people. You need to get used to wearing tighter clothes and be more confident about your body image. 9 out of 10 guys I 've talked to claimed to have broad shoulders. You spend a lot of time talking about shoulder size with your bros?
Quote: Originally Posted by CrispyDuck Thanks. Any other suggestions in leather (looking to get something that wont get f'd up by rain)? just get them uniformly wet, then you won't care. or use a seude brush if they get wet.
Quote: Originally Posted by a-rock BTW, this thread made me curious so I walked into a BR for the first time in a while. Their tailored fit suits are much more nicely cut now. They couldn't make them look much worse on their website. The guy looks like he has big ol' birthing hips.
Quote: Originally Posted by Meis + 1,000 Yet most women think they can dress themselves and others well because they read a few mags with shitty "fashion tips" in them. Umm really? I mean its not like J.Crew sells suits and ties and dress shoes, oh wait.... Non-iron dress shirts? who cares. Lots of places don't make non-iron dress shirts. I don't own a single non-iron dress shirt. I'd disagree as to the positioning. BR has plenty of ads showing...
Quote: Originally Posted by a-rock The state of American business wear sucks so people intentionally shop at BR to look sucky? I don't think the relative "appropriateness" in style drives purchasing decisions between JC and BR. I would wager most BR customers shop there because they simply don't know any better about style. If they cared so much about what they wear and the role it plays in their professional life, they probably wouldn't be BR shoppers...
Quote: Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot FWIW, my iconic BR look is an argyle quarter-zip mockneck sweater, with a light blue/dark blue striped shirt under it and the shirt is not tucked into the straight-cut khakis and the khakis bunch up over the black moc-toe shoes and the collar of the sweater is in this strange not quite flat/not quite up netherworld. I'm not sure how they're still in business when J Crew is doing such fantastic marketing and...
Quote: Originally Posted by ataru Can someone who has the canvas jacket describe the back of the jacket? I'm wondering if it has the umbrella vent detail that g9's have. The back is smooth, no vent.
Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one dislike the cut, and they need a different model. For some reason I always see cafe racers in stock photos and they've put the model into a jacket one size too large, so the sleeves begin to well on the hands and the whole thing loses it's shape. Rider's jackets are to accentuate the torso - if you have a good drop between chest to waist, you'll look like superman, and if you're just skinny, you will look skinny,...