Posts by Equus Leather

Actually yes, as lots of people have asked for this. I'm testing so nice Swiss made press studs at the moment, once we're happy and we have a design for the leather past as well we'll get one lanched. Ive always struggled to find a source of excellent press studs which is why we havent done this up to now, but I think probably this is sorted nowCharlie
Hi,Sorry for the belated response, I have been under the weather this week so have been away from social media for a few days recovering!Probably about the same lead time at the moment, but if you need the belts for a given date we'll certainly try to help, drop me an email or pmCharlie
You certainly can by direct from Sedgwick, but you do have to buy in quantity and pick the leather up/arrange shipping if you want to. The saddlery leather trade works differently than the wider European calf tanneries do. Sedgwick is in Walsall and most of the saddlery trade is also in Walsall (a small industrial town in the West Midlands of the UK, for those elsewhere!), so the big firms order a lot of leather and pick them up in an HGV when its ready, but you also have...
Hi Guys, I thought Id post some development photos of some of the design work thats been going on recently. We're working on a lot of aspects of buckle design, some tweaks to the way existing things are made or ore designed, some completely new products. Quite a bit of it will take ages to come to fruition, its amazingly time and resource intensive to get a design just right, but heres a little insight This is a little family photo. This is the underside of the original...
I think you might struggle. Anyone good enough to do it and not ruin the belt may well not do repairs or alterations unless its their own work, or at least be very very busy. Im sure lots of cobblers etc would offer to take it on but then butcher it, so be careful. Exotics are difficult to work with so definitely beyond the skill-set of most people you will come acrossPerhaps @DWFII is volanteering!
We dont offer the samples for free anymore, the service was abused somewhat, though certainly not by SF people, weirdly theres a forum for people who like free things who found we did it, and we couldnt tell who was actually interested in what we do and who just wanted a free thing! It cost us a fortune sending free samples to the US till we cottoned on to what was going on. We sell them via the website for a nominal fee now and include a coupon that gives you a discount...
Interesting. I enjoyed them too, and one of the forthcoming buckles referes back to them. Maybe we'll make more at some point
The blue we already have, the Olive I have a sample of and it probably will join the collection, even if not forever. The Himalaya Im just not sure about. Its very fashionable right now, but we've never stocked somthing for that reason only. The jury is out! Thank you for the suggestions!
I'd say the Herrings are closest to Conker and would be quite a good matchThe Coimbra looks like Dark Havanna superficially, but with more highlights. Its worth thinking about both Dark Havanna and Aus Nut, Id say the DH is closer overall thoughAbsoloutley re the Oak Brown - sometimes. I always like to caution people about buying Bakers to match with shoes. Its really variable, so even if you get samples you should match the overall character rather than go for a perfect...
Thats a rare buckle, theres about 50 in the world. We'd be very glad to remake it! The Russian leather could work, it would need to be an L&R style though, this is calf not cow so its c. 1.5mm thick. We can make a good chunky belt using it though and the colour scheme would work well really well with the buckle. Is it one of the original 1 5/8" versions? Its quite a big buckle if so so the strap needs to reflect the heft of the buckle. First step would be to send you a...