or Connect

Posts by OttoSkadelig

looks 30% wider and a bit lower-notched than current isaia, but perfectly serviceable. i actually like this notch height a lot.
i have found that for mainline cantarelli, the armholes are quite reasonable. i have noticed though that for casual jackets, the cantarelli tailor line, etc - they can run a bit small. for caruso, maybe more than the armholes - the problem is the sleeve width... also, the sleeve pitch on most caruso's are not angled enough -- they tend to be cut very vertical. so, if you are broad-shouldered, this can be a problem -- by the time you have found a size that is big enough in...
thanks guys for all the suggestions.i am perfectly happy with the faux-wood ones. i should have specified that when i said "wood", what i meant was "non-lightweight plastic", so these work fine. looks like these are what belvest and barbera use too - and the price is certainly a lot more reasonable than 25 a pop. i think i will give them a shot.to the poster who suggested gluing on velvet to my existing hangers - how would you do that? self-adhesive velvet doesn't appear...
i think this is the most important thing. the cut of the average cantarelli is really very different from the average caruso. cantarelli works really well for a more athletic body shape. caruso tends to work best for a slim but not particularly athletic shape. now, i'm aware of the fact that caruso is all over the map with its models - but i've tried on tons of models and almost every single time i've discovered that the armholes / arms are way too skinny, they leave too...
hi all. i am looking for some nice wooden hangers with substantial shoulders and (most importantly) a felted bar to hang trousers (or a grippy, non-slip bar that serves the same function). i have several nice wooden hangers, but they all have annoying little teeth on the bar that do absolutely nothing to prevent trousers from slipping off. i am of course aware of the Hanger Project, but refuse to believe that there is no hanger that meets this spec at less than $25 a pop....
i'm 6'2" and i have exactly the same problem.my perfect jacket length is about 31 3/4". at 6'2" i should normally be a touch longer, but i have a short torso and long legs, and so a slightly shorter jacket ends up being a bit more proportional. this is still a somewhat "progressive" length - most people of my height and build would probably go longer.as to whether i buy a R or an L, it depends on two things, neither of which has to do with the sleeve length. i find that on...
re cantarelli - it varies by model and price range.my experience has been that the best caruso slightly trumps cantarelli, but for the most part, there isn't a massive difference. there is so much average caruso out there (in terms of both fit and fabrics) that it tends to lower the average.cantarelli tends to be a bit more consistent in styling, with a flashier bent for fabrics (think isaia-ish), but is generally a solid but unspectacular brand. typically a semi-soft...
i wouldn't compare the two... faconnable is all half-canvassed. real cantarelli is typically (not always) fully canvassed.depends on what you're after... say more.
wow, what massive overthinking (she must indeed read SF...) does she make valid points? yes. do people notice or care? no.
RSS, that is great. only quibble might be that the tie's background is a tiny bit matchy with the jacket. i would have made the pastelly ochre a minor, rather than the major, element of the tie.