or Connect

Posts by We Tigers

Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorShak I've actually been eyeing this http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop...1_10050_244679 in navy. I am somewhat hesitant due to the price. If it's that cheap, how would it fair qualitywise in the long run? Otherwise, if Burberry is indeed a good investment as I have read so far, I may just have to save up to get something off ebay when it turns up. I have been surprisingly pleased with the various bits...
Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint At your height & build, I would recommend a plain raincoat with or withour plaquette front. If you are wearing it for function then knee-length or just below is best to protect your suit/clothes against the elements. As for colour, the most common colors I've seen are Tan, Desert Yellow, Tope, Olive Drab & Dark Blue. There is also black if you want to look like a funeral director. I know what you mean by the tan...
When you say "BB card," do you mean a BB credit card, or the BB corporate card that normally gives you 15%? I have the latter through work and 25% off would be pretty nice.
Last week I brought a suit to George at George's Valet (on Wilson Blvd, cross to the intersection with George Mason Drive). It's really nothing more than an unfurnished office with a couple working tables inside and suits all over the place, but I've heard good things about him. He's letting out the jacket, adding some room to the waist of the pants, and doing some work down the length of the pants in addition to the cuffs. Quoted price was $110, so we'll see how that...
Apologies if this sort of question has been answered before--not having much luck with the search function on rather pervasive strings such as "navy suit." What are my best chances for finding a good navy blue 2-button in a decent brand on a short timeframe? I'm a 40S in DC, and need to bolster my suit wardrobe a bit within the next 3 weeks for a job. I've been spoiled by Filene's, where I just managed to find a pair of Hickey Freeman mainline suits (charcoal and...
What are my best chances for finding a good navy blue 2-button in a decent brand on a short timeframe? I'm a 40S in the DC metro area, and need to bolster my suit wardrobe a bit within the next 3 weeks for a job. I've been spoiled by Filene's, where I just managed to find a pair of Hickey Freeman mainline suits (charcoal and charcoal pinstripe) for $800 total. Plain ol' navy seems extremely hard to come by at the discount shops, which isn't really a shocker. I don't...