or Connect

Posts by We Tigers

Quote: Originally Posted by WRAdvisor Just looked on JAB and saw that you can get a pair of new AE Park Aves for $250 Their promotion is $25 OFF every $100 spent Retail $325 JAB $250 (free shipping) I would order quickly, as I bet it's an error; on the front page of the site, the graphic advertising the sale states that the discounts are not applicable on shoes.
I've looked through the thread, but haven't found discussion on the basic question of "what are your thoughts on semi rimless glasses"? I usually prefer full-frame glasses, but have found a pair of semi rimless Pradas in brown that might be my next pair, similar to these. It's down to those or the Oliver Peoples Becque. I have a roundish-oval face, and a beard that I didn't have last time I bought glasses; maybe it's the extra interest on the lower half of my face...
Quote: Originally Posted by gogators somewhat off topic, but does HF have any sales? I've yet to see their staple navy blue on sale on the website... The cheapest you'll probably find them online is for just under $900 at Bluefly, which regularly has new Madisons in staple styles. I've heard they sometimes go on sale for about the same at Nordstrom's half-yearly sale in June. The best prices will be had at stores like Filene's and Saks Off...
Their 25% off sale for corporate card members ended today. I think the June sale (usually around Father's Day?) is coming up soon.
This may make you facepalm, but I would have bought that jacket several drops ago if it didn't have the patches. Free bump for your sorrows.
I'm getting myself a pair of burgundy shoes and am torn between the Park Avenue and the McCallister. The Fifth Avenue is sleek and clean, and the McCallister brogue-crazy. Both are on the 5-last and fit great. I currently have the Clifton (captoe blucher) in black and the Weybridge (wingtip balmoral with side perfing) in Chili. Any thoughts on which would fill out the wardrobe better?
Wait, they're not doing the 2/$1499 deal anymore? I was going to head there this weekend. My company has a corporate discount with them so the 15% deal they were doing wasn't really important, but the lack of 2-for deal would be unfortunate.
Quote: Originally Posted by bowtielover You must have just gotten a bad shirt, I have worn JAB non iron for years and haev not had a problem with them. I have a few shirts that are going on 3 years now and are jsut a sfresh and when I first got them. I actually haven't had a JAB non-iron that didn't bust within a couple of years, which is too bad; even though they only make a few of them, I think they do some of the nicer patterned shirts...
I wore my Cliftons to work today! I believe they were discontinued 1 or 2 years ago, though Nordstrom always seems to have them (and tends to put them on sale quite often, if I remember correctly). Checking the AE website, the Van Ness is a rubber-soled captoe oxford with a decent amount of broguing. The Clifton is actually a captoe blucher with simpler broguing (just single dots whereas the Van Ness has the repeating pattern). I think the Benton is the closest thing...
Quote: Originally Posted by We Tigers Last week I brought a suit to George at George's Valet (on Wilson Blvd, cross to the intersection with George Mason Drive). It's really nothing more than an unfurnished office with a couple working tables inside and suits all over the place, but I've heard good things about him. He's letting out the jacket, adding some room to the waist of the pants, and doing some work down the length of the pants in addition to...