or Connect

Posts by burningbright

You know that if I thought it would work I'd go buy a sham-wow in a second.
So I'm finally at the point where my shell boots (#8's and Cigar) are getting scuffed up where a damp cloth and horsehair brush aren't cutting it anymore. I know that sparse amounts of paste wax a la the Mac method will get out the scuffs but before doing that, should I try switching to a stiffer brush than horsehair, and if so, which brush would you recommend? Also, I recall people talking a few months back or so about the potential wonders of buffing with a buffer...
Congrats on the holiday trousers, Keith; looking forward to some pics of them. Just grabbed the racing green canvas chinos after getting my converted Donegal Walts back from the tailor. Mike's right: after letting all the material out of the thighs and most out of the calves, they fit a lot better for guys with larger thighs and calves. I still need to try the Rudy fit, but nice to know that the Walt modifications work in a pinch. Anyway, looking forward to getting the...
Harris Tweed label on the jacket?
All for the low, low, lulzy price of $800: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-For-J-Crew-Lmtd-Ed-Two-Tone-Cordovan-Saddle-Shoes-Size-10-/120858290194?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1c23b72812 A suede saddle shoe with a bit of #8 slapped on it. Even the rare shell trifecta boots don't go for that much...yet.
So glad I never stood a chance in purchasing these.
What is going on with Gitman sizing lately? I just bought a large and the shoulders are narrower and sleeves shorter than usual. I miss Gitman from 2 and 3 years ago when sizing was consistent. Anyway, good luck with the sale. I'm sure someone who's right between that M and L will grab a steal here.
^ Man, those were savaged by both owner and tailor. He needed to give the tailor specific instructions to taper from the inseam only and not the outseam. Could've preserved the selvedge line. They're my size and I wouldn't even buy those.
So which one of you guys grabbed this? It went well out of my range in the last 5 seconds of the auction. http://www.ebay.com/itm/300650818616?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true&autorefresh=true
Final drops to $55 per pair.