or Connect

Posts by burningbright

Not sure how it works for visiting team fans. It's a gamble, but I know that historically, WC tickets have dropped steeply in price the week before the game, as nervous holders who haven't sold them by then (due to holiday schedule madness) are desperate to unload them, so you might luck out and get them for below $300, which is actually cheaper than most STH's had to pay for theirs. Having been to the WC at Wrigley using this method, I'll say that it was fun and novel,...
Can't be any worse than what the Bears' secondary looks like right now. Totally decimated after game 3.
Not related to the current season, but still awesome:
For those wanting a non-cerebral, popcorn-type movie, I watched this out of boredom last night and was pleasantly surprised by its quirkiness. It's a Dean Koontz adaptation (apparently there's about 7 books on this character already), but it kind of reminded me of that Peter Jackson movie, The Frighteners, though with a little more levity to it. I don't normally go in for Yelchin's boy-man acting skills, but it seemed to fit a movie of this caliber.
I don't mind most of the additions/alterations for this season, but removing the Spin-O-Rama move during a shootout seems kinda stupid, especially if they're looking to make rule changes that will create more goal-scoring chances. Other than that, a lot of them don't bother me.
...and here comes Pendleton with a heritage collection. Only took them 4 years to catch on. Too bad for them the work wear crowd of 2009 has moved on.
How much are the Lindrick boots you are going to be selling? ::insert Jedi mind trick here::
I actually use them here in Chicago for my suits and shirts and love them (and yes, they are definitely MTM). I'm guessing that price you saw is for a half-canvas, though they do offer a full-canvas, handmade suit, which I have always done through them. The Sebastien Grey guy I work with in the Chicago Loop shop said that they do use tailors in NYC for their suits, but their price starts somewhere around $2500 (and that's just for a basic, no-name mill fabric). For that...
I'll one up you, Rambo.I think I've still got unabridged audiobooks of this trilogy pulled from cassette to mp3. I don't think they ever made a CD version of the unabridged versions, which is unfortunate, because who wants to listen to an abridged recording of anything?.Anyway, listening to those babies made 12 hour monotonous car rides go by like that.
JR...over 10 years ago we witnessed some of the most horrific things ever to be seen on the big screen. I think I could forgive them for recasting our beloved characters if they just give us an engaging story with a decent script (even half-decent would be better than anything we heard delivered in I,II, & III; Liam Neeson could only polish a turd so much). My only caveat would be finding unknown actors to fill the roles. That's just where I'm at. I mean, it really can't...