or Connect

Posts by humeee

Your next-level trolling is really sucking me in. Many of your posts are transparently designed to flaunt your status; e.g. dropping (incorrect) information about the history of derivatives trading and off-handedly mentioning that you're a wealthy member of upper management. But then when someone has stuff nicer and more expensive than potato sack Smedley polos you insinuate that he's likely a trust fund baby. Maybe you should just ration your polo purchases and save up...
I own many GV shirts including the blue dishtowel and the blue oxford, both in large. In Brooks Brothers slim fit I am a 15.5/35.5. The Blue Oxford fits me very well (too loose in collar to wear a tie, though). The dishtowel fits me, but not as well. It is noticeably looser and longer in the body. I don't think it's big enough for me to size down, but it's big enough that I've seriously considering having a tailor do something to it. Based on your brooks brother's...
I'm hoping for some input with a perplexing sizing puzzle. I have a pair of J.Crew longwings in 10D that are about 1/2 size too large. I wanted to upgrade to shell, so I ordered a pair of #8 longwings in 9.5D, thinking they would be perfect. But, if anything, they're even larger than the 10D! The exterior of the two pairs seems exactly the same size, and the shell shoes seem a little larger inside. Am I losing my mind? Is there a chance one of these pairs is...
I'm not sure why you think they're the first company to hedge with futures. The Chicago Board of Trade has been listing futures since the 19th century, and futures and forward contracts were around even earlier than that.And to keep this post on topic: that polo shirt is hideous. I hope you're just a next-next level troll.
In my experience APCs (as well as all other raw sanforized denim) will shrink in length when you wash it. The amount that it shrinks depends on the temperature and length of the wash/soak as well as the weave and weight of the denim, so it is hard to know exactly how much it will shrink ahead of time. My NS went from 35.5'' inseam to ~34.5'' inseam after a run through my washer on "delicates."The best thing you can do, in my opinion, is to soak/wash the jeans before...
I have two toj shirts and about eight gitman vintage shirts. I like the quality of the Gitmans much, much more than the tojs. For example, I had problems with both of my tojs shrinking in strange ways along the seams (I never put them in the dryer or anything) so that the shirts would twist in odd ways unless the seam areas were all ironed straight. As another example, the collars on the toj shirts are really stiff, almost like cardboard. The collars on the gitmans are...
Well, the CAD means that the price you're looking at is canadian dollars, although that price still doesn't make sense because the exchange is only something like .96 now.
Quote: Originally Posted by fashunhor Hi Guys. I just picked up a pair of the Kurabo Smiths in the same size that I got the Cone Mills Smiths. They are falling off of me big. Did anyone else experience this? A similar thing happened to me. I have the cone mill smiths in 34 and the kurabo in 32. My 32 kurabo is the same size in the waist as the cone mills. Additionally the hem of my 32 kurabo is 8.25in. Fortunately I like the jeans (I...
Just ordered a pair of the new jeans. It looks like the sizing has changed since I ordered my first pair though. Also, what happened to the 36'' inseams? 35'' is better than the 34'' on new standards, but it's still rough when you're 6'2''. I think I'll wear these unwashed until they're unbearable, and then try a literal ice-bath wash to see if I can preserve the length. This brings my epaulet collection to: 10 shirts, 2 chinos, 2 jeans, 1 boot. Working on the all...
New Standards arrived tonight and I'm hoping for fit advice; these are the first pair of semi-premium jeans I've ever bought. I am a true 31 waist, so I ordered a 29. They are tighter in the thighs than I was expecting. I'm worried they're so tight that I won't be able to effectively run from the police if necessary. Does the fit of the jeans look acceptable? Sorry for the horrible photography.