or Connect

Posts by Dr. Mabuse

The Searchers is not only the best western of all time it is one of the best films of all time. Other that are up there: Red River, Johnny Guitar, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Great Silence, Stagecoach, and Unforgiven.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaron01 That was 09, but it was an excellent movie nonetheless. It's US release was in 2010. IFC didn't pick it up until after it's first festival date.
1. Carlos 2. Red Riding 3. Vahalla Rising 4. Inception 5. Social Network 6. A Prophet 7. Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work 8. Machete 9. Toy Story 3 10. Shutter Island Honorable Mention: Ghost Writer, Enter the Void, Greenberg, The Fighter, Let Me In, White Material I think 2010 was a pretty solid year overall, but it's sort of interesting that the films at the top of my list started out on television.
Quote: Originally Posted by Matt ?? It's a first person narrative from the perspective of a character who shouldn't be able to have one. A comforting film for those who feel David Lynch is too "Hollywood".
You're welcome. Carlos aired on French TV in three episodes and I am sure you wouldn't be losing much in watching it that way. The UK Blu-Ray I have has it broken up like that. I just watched the episodes in one sitting. It doesn't feel as long as it is. Most of it is in English but the rest of it (maybe eight or nine languages) is subtitled. As for Red Riding, it is definitley worth checking out. Three different films by three different directors. They manage to mesh...
The best movie of 2010 was Carlos. Almost five hours long but never boring. I believe there is a much shorter cut of the movie floating around. International terrorist as rock star/gangster. Plays like the best of episodic television. The Red Riding trilogy was a close second. Others that are up there: White Material, Social Network, Let Me In, Enter the Void, Greenberg, Inception, Shutter Island (has to be seen more than once), Joan Rivers- A Piece of Work, A Prophet,...
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum bronson -> this was seriously good tokyo story If you liked Bronson you should check out the director's other movies. Specifically, the Pusher trilogy. Tokyo Story is, without hyperbole, one of the greatest films in the history of the cinema. You should also check out Ozu's Good Morning, Late Spring, and I Was Born, But...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandrake9072 My latest obsession: My brother and I played this tape so much that it literally fell apart. This shit was like punk rock for two kids from rural Florida. Heady stuff.
Anathema plays Bad Religion!?! IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Katatonia...
BillyMaysHere! has excellent taste.