or Connect

Posts by enofile

I know shoes and suits and the hierarchy of quality has been discussed over and over. However, what I am asking is there anyplace on the Web where the lines of each major designer is described and delineated. Now that online shopping is so prolific, it becomes more important to know exactly what you are buying. The label can mean a dozen different things. Thank much
I am very dismayed at the cruelty expressed by several people in this thread. Compassion and understanding are integral parts of a civil world. Being mean is simply not cool.
I am envious of all you thin guys. Yet, I am 64, so there is a feasible excuse. Short of stature has been an impediment in my quest to dress fashionably for most of my life. While I have been 5 feet 4 inches tall since Fifth Grade, my weight and girth have fluctuated from 125 pounds when I played point guard for George Washington University to 190 pounds after I discovered French food and wine. Today, with a ludicrous amount of exercise, I am about 5 feet 3.5 inches...
I have purchased several pairs of high fashion shoes that have "shiny" leather uppers in a variety of colors. These are shoes sold by Neil Barrett, Mr. Hare, AMI, etc., so they are not junk. I am unsure what polish or conditioner to use since they are not patent leather. Does anyone have any ideas? What is shiny leather? Thank you.
Thanks much for responding. However, what I am looking for is information about the company, their specific construction techniques, and why they can produce such excellent shoes at a very reasonable price point. Do they outsource any of their manufacturing? Is all the leather Italian, or akin to many of the French manufacturers, do they get skins from Spain or Portugal? There is very little information about Martegani since Ron Rider first exposed them to the SF...
I have read the threads concerning Ron Rider and the genesis of the marketing and sales of R. Martegani shoes in the US. However, there isn't much about who they are and what makes their shoes distinctive other then you can purchase them from Franco's and Pelle on line. Is there any current information on the company and how they manufacturer their footwear and for whom? Thank you very much
WHAT AN IN DEPTH AND BRILLIANT RESPONSE. I PARTICULARLY APPRECIATE YOU USING THE LAWRENCE OLIVIER OF YOUR GENERATION TO MAKE YOUR POINT. AGAIN, TO REITERATE. I WAS NOT SELLING ON YOUR THREAD. I WAS ASKING ADVICE. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR INTENSE HUMANISM. IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA, THE ONLY THING I CAN THROW BACK IS THAT YOU LOST, OBAMA WON THE ELECTION & THUS, FOLKS WITH YOUR LIMITED CONCERN FOR OTHERS LESS FORTUNATE DO NOT MAKE UP THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS.
I have been on a shoe buying spree lately, but since I live in the States, it does effect the availability and cost of footwear. However, I will still provide you with my observations. 1. For conservative tastes, comfort and price point, Allen Edmonds seems to lead the pack. 2. If you are careful with the specific line and can find a pair of shoes that are actually made in Northampton, Church's is a conservative, available, and some what reasonable British...
I asked for advice Mr. Fascist. It's people with your kind of humanity that have laid the groundwork for the senseless killings that have become part of the fabric of the current techno culture. Nice world you twenty and thirty somethings have created, and thanks for all your warmth and caring. I will always be proud of what us Baby Boomers tried to create in the Sixties. Unfortunately, the materialistic and capitalistic world of today looks at those years with scorn...
These are the photos that a few of you asked for. Thanks