or Connect

Posts by Wrenkin

The "admiration" article was in GQ. I still remember his interview in the Globe and Mail when he went on about his sex life.
Many threads on this recently. Do a search. Also check out Charles Tyrwhitt.   The Bow Tie should be the same material as your jacket's lapels (i.e. Satin or Grosgrain). The vest may not feature any silk, but if it does then it should also match. For example, the one you linked has satin lapels.
"Separates" these days are usually low quality. I think that's about it. Actually, some retailers do offer extra trousers standard (e.g. Ede & Ravenscroft).
 Any feedback on the Lavenham's fit? I am a 36S and have a size small "heritage" barbour beaufort I like—I can even squeeze it over a tweed jacket if pressed, sans liner—but those Denham measurements seem awfully generous. I've never like the Barbour Liddesdale, and while I've tried Lavenhams on before in Selfridges and liked them I can't really remember what size I wore.
The Mr Porter bag isn't completely hand stitched. For one thing, it has a machine-stitched handle. Compare it to the tan bag, which features the hand-stitched handle, with its giveaway central ridge.
I bought a navy Napoli suit in Toronto recently for C$390. Suspiciously cheap, but hard to turn down. The removable hang tag said 36s, but when I was looking in the pocket today I saw the size listed as 23 [i.e. EU46 Short] / UK 38S. That seems a bit odd, doesn't it? The shoulders are a bit extended and I suppose the chest is a bit swelled, but nothing else about the jacket says 38s. I'm a solid 36s in BB Fitzgerald (although their sleeves run too long for me) and the only...
Kinda worn pinched-corner Swaine case. $350 BIN.
 Someone suggested on a previous page that the stripes on the RAF tie run from the upper right to lower left. Here is a photo of Prince Charles wearing one in that style:  Looks like what you can buy here.
 It's not always the colours that are the problem, but the arrangement. One tie I'm entitled to wear is particularly busy. I've solved this by also buying a Polo knockoff which features the same distinctive stripes in a more harmonious arrangement. If someone challenges me on it I've the perfect excuse.
 The Only Way is Essex. I don't think it's every a good day.