or Connect

Posts by Scrounger

My favorite style is cask-conditioned English bitter, difficult to find in the US but not impossible here in the Northeast. Here are other favorites: Belgian: St. Bernardus 12, Duvel, Karmaliet, Troubadour Obscura, anything from De Dolle German: Aventinus with Vitus a close runner-up English: Fullers ESB and London Pride USA: IPA - Dogfish Head 60-min. DIPA - DH 90-min. Barleywine - Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Pale Ale - Ipswich Summer Stout - Cadillac Mountain...
"Bare Trees".
Quote: Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot As in they will replace your non-stick pan when the coating starts wearing off or what? Pretty sure that's what I read in Cooks Illustrated. I would imagine AC would be very strict about following their usage instructions though, and you'll pay for return shipping. I could be wrong about all this though, check before you buy I guess. Another thumbs-up for Tramontina tri-ply, I have a few of...
Quote: Originally Posted by SField I like the stainless and the copper-core. Can't go wrong. All-clad is a bit expensive but I think you'd be happy. You should also look into Le Creuset for pots and dutch ovens. I think they're essential to the home cook. (soups, stews, braising). Whatever you do, only buy a couple pieces. There's nothing worse than some douchebag with like 12 pieces that he only uses one or two of. You only need a large pot/dutch...
If you don't mind a leather band, Nordstrom has a SA chronograph in this family at half price. Sort of a cross between #2 and #3 above.
I ordered these Pantherellas from Sierra Trading Post. The photos are very confusing, though. You have the light blue (color #11) and plain blue (#12). I ordered #12 but it's much lighter than pictured, basically the same as #11. However, the toe and heel are navy as pictured for #12. If this is what you seek I guess you could order #11 to be safe. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/i/2...t-For-Men.html
Quote: Originally Posted by Wess I second this. After waiting a month and then never got a reply on two mails I bought mine (257 tan) here, no issue at all. Got the Medium Field Bag in brown from this seller. Just as described and promptly shipped. Nice bag, although the working buckles will take some getting used to - everything I've had in the past snapped shut. The only thing I would change is the location of the key clip, which you have...
I bought a number of the Tramontina tri-ply SS pots and pans from Walmart. Not many in the stores but they deliver online orders free to your nearest location. Also, some, but not all, of the collection is induction-ready. Not so much a concern now but perhaps in the future. This is also a point in cast iron's favor. (AFAIK every All-Clad SS piece is induction-ready, but no Calphalon SS is.) Nowadays I don't use my SS skillet much since I got an enamelled cast-iron...
I have the LL Bean and picked up a half-dozen straps at J Crew, on sale right now (online only.) The straps are ~2mm too narrow for an exact fit but close enough for me. Make sure to check the strap width for the watch you select. Points in its favor would be Bean's customer service and no servicing except battery changes which can be done anywhere. Decent water-resistance with a screw-down crown. It's also Swiss-made if that means anything.
Quote: Originally Posted by abenner Curious if anyone else is still waiting on/has received any Chromexcel Indy's from North River Outfitters. Ordered mine in February... in June Alden told me they'd be done in August. Ordered mine in February as well, they finally showed up in July almost five months to the day from order date. Liked them so much I got a pair of the "old" style 405's with the cotton lining at a store that had a few pairs...