or Connect

Posts by Scrounger

[quote=pg600rr;3985583]mainly paintings or prints, various styles, nothing really specific beyond that. Really whatever catches my eye. Atm my walls are very bare and I would like to add some artwork. As far as money anywhere from $300-$900 per piece. Also, my walls and ceilings are quite large [10 ft.] so pieces that are small dont really look that great, they sort of look out of place and get lost on the wall space. QUOTE] You can group smaller works.
Here are a few relatively low-cost suggestions: Some galleries: CoSo (Copley Society) on Newbury St., L'Attitude Gallery also on Newbury St. (thought it was a hair salon at first), 13 Forest on Mass Ave in Arlington Open studios at various times through the year: SOWA (South End) twice a year(also look for First Fridays, certain studios are open the first Friday evening of every month) Fort Point twice a year Somerville (pretty much the whole town) at least...
Up to you whether an external DAC is worthwhile over your Denon's. You'll find many arguments on both sides. If you try an external one, make sure there's a good return policy just in case. If not, definitely go optical out to your Denon. You may want to try out a USB-to-optical adapter as an alternative to your soundcard. These are inexpensive, Turtle Beach makes one for about $30, Creative makes one that can handle 24-bit for about $50. The cable distance...
Wellensteyn has quite a few: www.wellensteyn-usa.com. How about good old LL Bean?
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 USB sound card? Turtle Beach makes one with a TOSLINK out. TOSLINK->Denon. Costs about $30. This is my setup - Dell laptop with a Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro into an Onkyo 705. KEF IQ7 speakers with a SVS SB12-Plus sub. Music stored in FLAC format on hard drives, played back with Foobar. Happy with this for now - thinking about a new Onkyo to attach a big USB drive directly and take the laptop...
I'd buy the Civic over the Sentra. You might also consider the Honda Fit. I haven't driven one, but I hear it's more fun to drive than a Civic, and you can't beat the mileage and cargo space management. The VW Golf is another interesting alternative. Finally, if you street-park in the winter in the city, consider the Subaru Impreza. It will help you escape snowed-in spaces, has high crash-test scores and is very reliable. Not so good on mileage though. I'd buy...
Some nice Seikos on Overstock.com right now - here's a rectangular one: http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wat...4/product.html Sapphire crystal for under $200, not bad. There are a couple of squarish sporty chronographs on there too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Achilles_ How long did shipping take for you gents who ordered through Walgreens? Pretty quick. Ordered on a Sat. and had it on Tues.
[quote=BrianVarick;3898008 I still desperately need slim sweat pants for running though, any ideas?[/QUOTE] Hmm, I picked up a couple of pairs at the end of last season from LL Bean - one Gore-tex and one Brooks Nightlife series for colder temps. Looks like Bean has similar things this season but at full price now. Maybe try Sierra Trading Post?
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 Nope, and I would still need something to manage the files on the hard drive. Using the laptop allows remote control (including volume) and library management from anywhere in the house. The laptop and receiver are hidden. Doesn't sound like you have any reason to then. But in case you might find this useful sometime, I'm pretty sure you can use the Onkyo to browse and select files for playback using its...