or Connect

Posts by ccallis

Can't go wrong with a light blue that has a bit of color variation. Mercer Light Blue Pinpoint (PCF836), Bowery Blue Pinpoint (PCF329) or Canclini Light Blue End on End (PCF470) are great for this.Just got the blue striped seersucker and plaid back in stock, but no new styles until new spring. Will have some very unique cotton/linen seersucker for SS '16...and some tonal solid seersucker fabrics, too.I like our $85 Heavy Oxford for this. PCF570 is ever-so-slightly lighter...
@beyondmars2020 It'll depend a bit on how slim of a fit you're going for, but I'd suggest the following: Shoulders/Yoke: -.75" Chest: -.75" Arm Width: -.5" Cuff: consider -.25" Mid--Draping nicely now, could bring in .25" or .5" no problem if you'd like a slimmer fit but up to you. Sleeve/Body Length--It looks like this shirt is fresh out of the box, so it's probably best to launder it to see how you feel a bit about the fit. It looks like you may want to bring sleeve...
We should have 2 widths of blue stripes in the heavy oxford back in stock by the middle of July. As far as new oxford styles/qualities, perhaps a new stripe color or two for fall but otherwise the same range in the $85 quality. We'll be re-upping on our Thomas Mason Oxford Chambrays for fall and will have 7-8 brand new, custom developed, options there come End August/Early September.Very excited about that one, but it's not a classic oxford quality--a bit more body than...
They're there for people who really care about metal stays. I take mine out as soon as I get a shirt.I wouldn't expect it in 2015. Appreciate the feedback, though. In the process of sourcing/sampling new interlining configurations for our standard fused and unfused soft at the moment.
@Kwv07 soft cuff, soft placket!
Something we're hoping to remedy by the end of summer!
Sounds like you did some good planning for this, if you're very happy with a 20" shirt you have stick close to that. 27.5" makes sense for you height in terms of shirt length--typically shirt length is the specification most prone to shrinking past our desired dimensions. We're always trying to make improvements on this, but if you're deciding between .5" in length, I suggest going for the longer measurement.No time limit/shot clock on alterations!
I think these updates might be a little much. Typically, I find .75" in the midsection width does it if your shirts pull around your hips. For length, I wear a 31.5" in my tucked in shirts and a 29" length in my untucked shirts. How tall are you?Sorry you missed this round. We're super excited about the response to the garment washed denim shirts, but probably won't be doing this exact style for a while. I'd look out for a lighter weight denim at some point in late summer...
I prefer either Soft Roma or Soft Ivy BD on mine. Can't go wrong, though--these are really really great.Just an FYI to all. The shirts are now 100% live and moving quickly. Two different washes, both using luxurious Italian denim from Albiate (Albini Group) and garment washed for a great fade.You can learn more about them and shop the collection/design your own at the link below:http://propercloth.com/the-washed-denim-shirt
@bigsink Hey- sorry for the delayed response 1- It is not larger, just cut and sewn at different angle, which helps eliminate fabric from the front part of the armpit area and can cause the armhole to feel less "up in your armpit." 2- We can't put a new collar on an existing shirt, but if you email contact@propercloth.com we can review the situation and will try to figure out a solution. 3- I would leave the measurement where it is. Our factory measures the shirts...