or Connect

Posts by ccallis

@venividivicibj Gotcha. No, that's not possible. Our factory is not set up to customize collars/cuffs/plackets on an individual shirt basis. Think that a shorter 3 button placket could prove difficult to put on/take off, if the fit is at all slim.
You can certainly order them with a popover front and wear similar to a polo. By "polo style" do you mean a placket similar to more common knit polo shirts or are you asking for something different?
Hey Guys-- Just wanted to update everyone about the new Sea Island Cotton fabrics we released today. While a small collection of 4 styles, these fabrics are truly amazing. All the cotton is grown and picked by hand in Barbados, fully certified and approved by WISICA, and then woven by David & John Anderson (Albini Group's highest end line) in Bergamo, Italy. This is the stuff the whole Albini team has been incredibly excited about all summer and tout as the absolute best...
@venividivicibj I need to get my next round of prototyping back before I can give you a good answer. I'd definitely like to have both "standard" and "thick/stiff" interlinings available for some collar options, but there's a chance there may be a period where stiff is not available. Sort of depends how much product development our factory can comfortably handle at one time. @Andrew Ryan Really appreciate the kind words. Think we have a really great product, but there are...
We have no timeline on interlining updates right now. Wouldn't expect it in the next 1-2 months, at least. If you like the current stiff interlining I'd go for it sooner rather than later, as it may get taken offline at some point.
Hey--Thanks for reaching out. We're not able to change the interlining from collar to collar on our shirts. For some collars (President Spread, President Cutaway, Roma Cutaway, Franklin Spread) we offer both medium weight fused interlining and very light unfused interlining options.Really appreciate the suggestions. I love where you're coming from, but I wouldn't expect these any time soon. We're in the process of reevaluating our stiff, unfused interlining at the moment....
Can't go wrong with a light blue that has a bit of color variation. Mercer Light Blue Pinpoint (PCF836), Bowery Blue Pinpoint (PCF329) or Canclini Light Blue End on End (PCF470) are great for this.Just got the blue striped seersucker and plaid back in stock, but no new styles until new spring. Will have some very unique cotton/linen seersucker for SS '16...and some tonal solid seersucker fabrics, too.I like our $85 Heavy Oxford for this. PCF570 is ever-so-slightly lighter...
@beyondmars2020 It'll depend a bit on how slim of a fit you're going for, but I'd suggest the following: Shoulders/Yoke: -.75" Chest: -.75" Arm Width: -.5" Cuff: consider -.25" Mid--Draping nicely now, could bring in .25" or .5" no problem if you'd like a slimmer fit but up to you. Sleeve/Body Length--It looks like this shirt is fresh out of the box, so it's probably best to launder it to see how you feel a bit about the fit. It looks like you may want to bring sleeve...
We should have 2 widths of blue stripes in the heavy oxford back in stock by the middle of July. As far as new oxford styles/qualities, perhaps a new stripe color or two for fall but otherwise the same range in the $85 quality. We'll be re-upping on our Thomas Mason Oxford Chambrays for fall and will have 7-8 brand new, custom developed, options there come End August/Early September.Very excited about that one, but it's not a classic oxford quality--a bit more body than...
They're there for people who really care about metal stays. I take mine out as soon as I get a shirt.I wouldn't expect it in 2015. Appreciate the feedback, though. In the process of sourcing/sampling new interlining configurations for our standard fused and unfused soft at the moment.