or Connect

Posts by L'Incandescent

TBH, I don't know of anything that's really similar to Double Black. Anyone else have any ideas?Pre-shower: La Fin du Monde. Iris scent with sharp spices (pepper, ambrette, sesame).SOTD: Datura Noir. Almondy, vanilla sweet tuberose. One of my favorites.
It is like the NFL (National Football League) except that it is Canadian. (They play the game that we in the U.S. call football. The Canadian rules are slightly different, but it's the same game.) I do not like the Saskatchewan Roughriders on account of they have the worst uniforms in the league. The Argos of Toronto have the best.
I am visiting my family in WI (Wisconsin). Last night we watched Canadian Football League action on the television (Argonauts at Roughriders). Unfortunately, the Roughriders did win, but that is who my mother's husband was cheering for.
Polo Double Black has very poor longevity; it's not just you.
Stilettos on Lex. This is one of my very favorites. It opens with pear. It develops into a musky, powdery floral, with rose in the lead. There's also violet leaf, which is a note I normally dislike, but it's blended perfectly here. As it dries down, it becomes more vanilla sweet.
Welcome to SF! One thing you can do is check out the Scent of the Day thread. There's lots of good discussion there; if you go back a way and read everything, you'll get a pretty good introduction to the world of fragrances. The basenotes website is also a good resource. As for trying things, there are two good ways to go about it. One is just to go to high end retailers and try stuff. Or if you don't like doing that, you can buy small samples at surrendertochance.com or...
I am all decked out in my signature color combination of navy and pink today. (The pink part of the ensemble is the pantalones or pants.)
I am going to visit family in WI (Wisconsin) today, to where I will not have access to my whole stock of fragrances. I will probably bring ten or so with me for a week long visit.
I don't want to overstate how citrusy I think it is, but I'm fairly sure one of the notes has a citrusy facet.Pre-shower: M7.SOTD: Eau de Magnolia. As I've mentioned before, this is fantastic. Definitely lives up to all the hype.
Last night in my dream someone asked me what bands I liked. I was able to name a bunch of bands that I actually like in real life. (I think I said Interpol, The Cars, L.A. Guns (at which point my interlocutor laughed), Bjork, and KISS.) I was pretty impressed with mineself when I woke up.