or Connect

Posts by L'Incandescent

Here's what's got me to PO'd today. I am trying to purchase the novels of Jean-Philippe Toussaint (Belgian author). When I try to order an electronic copy of his latest novel (Nue) they be all like "La vente sur votre territoire n'est pas autorisée."
When I first tried it (right after it came out), I wasn't sure what I thought. But it has grown on me, so that now I'm a big fan. It's one of the fragrances that draws the most compliments. It's a dusty, bitter almond rose, somewhat similar to the loukhoum fragrances by Keiko Mecheri and Serge Lutens. But I like this better.
I always try to get as much work done as I can in the morning before I go into the office. But I almost always forget to take into account things like the need to eat when I make my morning plans. Then I have to eat really fast before I leave for the office.
When the signified is about to slip away, the parenthese scoops it up and returns it to the fold. That is why the parenthese has the shape it does.
Today I am rockin' (wearing) Une Rose de Kandahar.
I snuck into imatlas's Facebook feed by act of impersonation and straightaway got him to PO'd by using a parenthese in a post about cowboy boots!
With the parenthese, human signification reaches a state of completion (no more incessant sliding of the signified under the signifier once you got parenthese).
The St. Louis Rams (professional football team) are offering $100,000 to any man or woman who correctly predicts their 2014 schedule! That right there is why they are the most popular team in American football. (Those of you who are not familiar with American football will just have to trust me on that last claim.)
Which ones seem like questionable names to you?
Tom Ford.