or Connect

Posts by Cacatfish

That's the one. So consistent.
who was the one guy who used to wear really clean outfits, lots of Ervell? He made chinos look really good. Not quite SWD not quite MC.
+1 I think the idea was that Jim Carrey was a slick, successful lawyer and was dressed to reflect that (for the time period).I don't think he was styled to look like a goof or sartorially out of touch..I do love the idea that fashion choices are somehow tied into the larger cultural ethos for the time. May not be any merit to it but still....
I think the more recent SVB pics have lacked the crispness of those from the Golden Era of Buren. Your really lean build makes some fits look really slick but if clothes are a little baggy in the wrong way it can come off pretty sloppy. Gotta be careful trying to pull off the continental "louche" look.
Along the lines of comfortable footwear, can anyone recommend sandals that look good and are still supportive? I love my birks but cant wear them with any kind of stylish summer fit. I like those Italian leather sandals but they seem to lack any support. Anything that hits both points?
I think Eason was being ironic.
I agree about the belt being attrocious. OtherwiseI dont think its all that bad. That's not a really work-wear-y flannel and Id say the whole fit is pretty much like 50's Americana except the belt which has no place there and the shoes are a little chiseled (and closed lace) for such a casual outfit. It looks like a lot of MC casual. Not inspiring, not really SWD, but not offensive.
I think Frisco was mostly what the hippies people called it who flocked there from all over the country in the late 60's (my parents included).I only read it in Furry Freak Brothers comics now.Maybe ghetto crowd likes the name because it harkens back to a time they could actually afford to live in the city.
Awesome!
These are a really nice pair of Buttero boots but they are a half size too small for me. The color is like a dark cognac with a little ochre. It looks great with grey or denim. They are new in the box and have been worn outside for about 5 minutes. They smell fantastic, filled the whole car with the smell of leather. The seller advised to take a size down but I am a true 42 (9 in Alden Leydon, 8.5 barrie) and these are about a half size too small. Would fit a true...