or Connect

Posts by Cacatfish

Funny a lot of the fits you seem to kind of only half ass are ones I tend to like. You just seem more comfortable in them which is not always the case in the fancier ones.Re: notwithit, I like the cuffs. Dont see hem or stacks looking any better. Luddite hell yeah!
Can anyone who has worn both Barrie and Grant expand on the difference in fit? I wear Barrie in 8.5D and it has extra volume through most of the boot from heel to ball. I would size down a half size except then my toes would pinch, as there is really no exra room there (in width, there is in height). Do those who size up a half from Barrie find the Grant fitting similar or looser/tighter in comparison? Any extra room in the toes? Ive read as much as I can about Grant...
I have been pretty disappointed with Jcrew stuff to the point where I wont consider buying anymore. I find that, though some cuts are decent to start with (pants and knits yes, shirts no) the materials inevitably look like crap after a short amount of time. In fact Id say, the older they get, the worse they look. The opposite of many other items. Wool trousers pilling, cotton chinos that become flacid in color and hand, knits and jersey that lose shape (and jersey...
I know this is late but my opinion is that having stacks on the shirt or pants can be a neat accent but having them on both, in this case, makes it appear to me that the clothes just dont fit correctly.I can see the stacks will probably settle with time, but Id be more inclined to hem the sleeves and leave the pants long (or else hem both).
Yeah popping the collar robs the coat of the great lapel peaks. I would clean up the hem also. Really nice suit though.
Probably just muddying the water at this point but I think Miley looks better with his usual looser pant fits. Slim pants may work also but I agree that those ones are doing some funky stuff in the top block. Edit: *Mikey*
This looks so cool! Can you provide details?Also, lurking this thread for a while, seems like NYI is really finding his groove. Look forward to those fits.
Man the East has some nice fall colors not seen much here in the west.Is that a factory convertible Rover or a "custom" job?
There is a smooth version of that same last (the Burford) if you dont like the brogues. I think they are both pretty versatile.
Im thinking something along the line of these. Something without any sleekness at all, just some good heft and burly appearance.I havent seen you Redwings though, so maybe those fit the bill.