or Connect

Posts by henrikc

The 4.7" screen isn't really my thing. I'm afraid it's going to feel huge going from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 6. Hopefully I'll get used to it, but still -- 4.7" seems really impractical in terms of having enough room for the phone in a pocket.
Corpse Reviver No. 2. My first attempt was WAY better than the lousy drink I got this weekend from a supposedly decent cocktail bar. Tanqueray, Cointreau, Cocchi Americano. Absinthe with a small atomizer around the glass instead of swirling.
Dropped some cash today and got bottles of Fernet, Cointreau, Cocchi Americano, Tanqueray London Dry and absinthe today. (50 cl, 35 cl, 75 cl, 70cl and 10 cl respectively, about $180 total ) Anyways, just made a Wry Grin with Rittenhouse - definitely something I wish the bartenders in my area knew how to make. Not the best area for cocktails - I had to explain how to make a Corpse Reviver No. 2 last night to a bartender at a bar that prides themselves on cocktails...
First picture looks familiar, is it from the Arne Jacobsen designed Radisson hotel in Copenhagen?
Had a pretty interesting drink last night. We went to a place where they specialize in tequilas and had an Agave Julep, which was really good. Definitely someplace I'm going back to. They have 50 or so 100% agave tequilas and they do a tasting menu, which could be fun.Also; hijacking this thread slightly. I'm stocking up my small tiny bar, buying Cointreau and Lillet Blanc next - but I also need a new bottle of gin. Ideally I would like one that could make a nice GT and...
Any recommendations on VBA guides? I'm looking for tips on best coding practices, preferably aimed at non-coders. I just finished up my first proper macro at work. It's for a finance function where we invoice spare parts -- with 3 data sets from external sources containing spares we have on stock, customer quote for the project (i.e. price for each spare and qty) and finally what we have already invoiced. The macro creates a bunch of output sheets - including what we can...
What's the consensus on Meermin shoe trees? Worth buying, or should I pick up trees elsewhere?
DaisyDisk wil do just that.
Hosting a small tasting with some classmates today. Picked up Oban 14, Talisker 10 and Bunnahabhain Toiteach, and we have some leftovers from the last two tastings. I think Balvenie Doublewood 12, Benriach 12, Dalwinnie 15, Glenmorangie 18, Laphroig Quarter Cask, Laphroig 10. Might end up being a rough night.
Would also load it up with a bunch of stuff to make it good and heavy, and then hang it over a door or the back of a chair for a night or two. That'll bend the strap somewhat, giving it a better fit on your shoulder.