or Connect

Posts by flanker2000fr

Quote: Originally Posted by onix Nice. What's the rationality behind having so many different watches? I have only 3: 1 dress in gold tone, 1 dress in silver tone, 1 sport. And that work perfectly for all occasions... Nothing rational at all. It's a hobby.
Hello gentlemen, A couple of years ago, a took a serie of pictures of my watches together with a part of my shoes collection. I had posted them mainly on a couple of watches fora, but since I just joined this forum, I thought you might be interested as well. Here we go: Santoni oxford and vintage Tudor 7016 Marc Guyot derby and Zenith Port Royal V Heschung suede oxford and IWC 3717 Heschung derby and vintage Tudor 94010 Altan...
Quote: Originally Posted by fcuknu Who thinks every god damn split toe shoe is ugly and not the least bit elegant? I have a hard time imagining that an elegant man would use the expression "god damn", but to answer your question, it really depends on the make. One has to realize that a split toe derby is clearly more on the sporty side, and dress accordingly. But apart from this caveat, if the shoe is of good enough quality and the shape of...
Quote: Originally Posted by JCM Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I ended up with the Savile, partly because Shyam had it in stock, partly because I know my 337 size. My first monk, and I love it... so the Lowndes may come later. Everyone with the Lowndes, did you order your regular size, or does the elongated last require a different size? In general, I wear 1/2 size smaller in last 348 as I do in lst 337. The Lowndes are no exception: I have...
Agree with the above: dark oak or cordovan burgundy would be my choice. I'd avoid black.
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto Linen and cotton button-front shirts. Good polos. Light cotton slacks. Good loafers. A light sports jacket for the evening. Spot on recommendations. I travel to Brazil (Sao Paulo) 3-4 times a year, and the above are pretty much what I wear when I am there. In general, you should try to dress as simply as possible to blend in and not attract unwanted attention. Avoid anything that is branded. Personally, I...
Darn, Just registered on the forum last week-end, and I just found out about this get together. I'm based in Singapore too. Maybe next time...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sixth_Sense I got my Brown Lowndes last week. Awesome looking shoes...and they definitely get quite the compliments. Quick question though: Which shoe polish/conditioner/etc do you use for the brown Lowndes? To nourish them: Saphir Renovateur To polish them: Saphir Pate de Luxe medium brown
Quote: Originally Posted by ricotta all i can say is - they fit the same for me as other shoes in the 348 last in the same size. Same here.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bellison Is it me or is the CJ Handgrade 337 last not a very elegant last? Look at the picture in the link below showing the insole. The shape of the shoe viewed from that angle looks fat and round. Whereas an elegant last should have a more contoured/skinny shape around the foot arch area--not round like a barrel on the 337. ...