or Connect

Posts by flanker2000fr

I hate them with a passion. I find it is a crime against humanity to separate a big toe from its little brothers. I'm 40, used to live in Paris, now live in a tropical country (Singapore) and still you won't catch me dead wearing them. PS: I hated them when I was 20 as well, so it's not a generational thing in my case.
I'd go for the JLC, such a timeless classic. But I'd consider the rose gold version rather that the yellow gold one. It's warmer, and incredibly classy. Otherwise, as one of the PP has mentioned, the Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle in 38mm would be an excellent choice.
Quote: Originally Posted by jblazing The game is over. I wish! Unfortunately, this hobby is rather addictive.
Quote: Originally Posted by Singular I think it is a Hirsch/Panerai Riva /M Spot on. Hirsch Riva it is.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 The height was disproportionally stretched compared to how the case size is stretched vs GT or Classic. You are far from being alone in pointing this out. As a matter of fact, I just got the exact same remark on a watch forum. It's a fair comment, as the proportions are not as balanced as on a GT. But I guess it's the price to pay for the functions, especially the 8 days power reserve,
I have a number of watches, but I've been wearing this one a lot recently. Despite its size, it fits well under a shirt cuff (Hackett tailored fit in this example)
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 People don't believe me when I say that the XGT case sits really high on the wrist and sticks out significantly more than the other Reverso cases. These pictures are worth a thousand words. I agree that the XGT case has a lot more presence, and sits higher on the wrist that a GT or a Classic, which are more slender. But bear in mind that this is exaggerated in these wristshots because of the angle of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint Great photos. Thank you, and my compliments on beautiful purchases. Some of those watches look rather beefy but a pleasure to look at. Thanks for the kind comments. As a matter of fact, there are just two really beefy watches: the Panerai and the Seiko, wich are both 44mm wide and 16mm thick. For sure, they do not suit all occasions, but look really nice with sportier outfits.
Quote: Originally Posted by chison very nice collection! can you tell us where you got the bands for the first two tudors? thanks I got them at Garde-Temps, a vintage watch shop located in Galerie Vivienne, Paris (2nd Arrondissement). They have a very nice selection but the price is very steep: EUR 30 for 1, EUR 50 for 2. There is a website that has more or less the same selection, at a more reasonable...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaplan The C&J Woburn looks great. I don't think I've seen it before, is it a discontinued model? Do you know what last it's on and whether that's the normal C&J snuff suede? It's a model they had for just a couple of years at the Paris shop, at least 7 or 8 years ago. I haven't seen it since then. I think it was their first stab at offering a lined Chukka, and has been replaced by the Chiltern. The...