or Connect

Posts by flanker2000fr

Hello Gents, I have noticed there has been a fair bit of discussion about the last 358 from C&J, and I figured it would be helpful for me to post pictures of the pair of Prestwood in this last that I have just received. A few words about this model: - it is a model from the Handgrade line - it has a dainite sole - I believe it replaces the Boswell, which was also a Handgrade, straight captoe derby in dark brown with a dainite sole. The difference would be the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ich_Dien Down with the 348. Not quite sure what the fuss is with the 348. Sure, it's less traditional than the rounder lasts eg 341, but this is precisely what I like in C&J: top notch quality English shoes that allow enough variations in style to suit most tastes and physiologies. I for one think they are very elegant, but true, I don't have big feet (UK 8 - 8 1/2 E). I can see why one with larger and especially...
Hello, I have just received my Prestwood in last 358. They fit me well in size UK 8E, confirming that their fit is similar to the models in last 348 that I own (UK 8E also). For information, my size in last 337 is UK 8 1/2 E. I hope this is helpful.
The Tetbury in dark brown suede is a very fine model, and I love mine. They are very much my go-to boots when I travel. The dainite sole comes extremely handy in terms of comfort, especially when you spend long hours in airports or planes. They are quite versatile too, looking as good with jeans and a polo as they do with a sports jacket and flannel trousers. It's really OK to wear them in the rain, as long as you look after them properly. I've had mine for over two...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan The more hurtful truth is this: Grand Seikos are interesting watches, but they are not made of pixie dust and the dreams of happy children. They are most certainly not objectively better than many Swiss watches selling for the same price. I don't see Rolex losing any sales to them. You were making fairly good point in your earlier post but I feel these comments are off the mark. For starters, it was...
What you wear is less important than the way you wear it. Except for outfits of obvious bad taste, you can pretty much get away with anything as long as you wear it with confidence, and that it expresses your personnality. Mark my word for it: assurance and confidence (not arrogance, of course) are sexy, and women spot it a mile away. So my advice for that date is to wear something you feel really comfortable and confident wearing. If it was me, in this context, I'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurt N Why does everyone assume white socks ==> athletic socks? I have some cream white summerweight cotton socks with an argyle-pattern weave that I often wear with white pants. That's not even in the same ballpark (ahem) as athletic socks. On the other hand, I think white athletic socks would call attention, in a bad way, even with white trousers. Exactly right. Just because socks are white does not mean...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brennus Emakris might have a point when talking about resell value. Even though it is very hard to get a feeling of what the resell market is like for GS. Google doesn't help that much... If you pay the international list price, the resell value for a GS is about 50%. They are hard to resell because they carry the Seiko name on them like a stigma. There are not many people who are prepared to fork out that many $...
Quote: Originally Posted by emakris It takes a very brave man to pay thousands of pounds for a Seiko that is not a Credor. One does not need to be brave to buy a GS, he just needs to be able to recognize quality.
Absolutely fantastic watch. GS are things of beauty. At their price point, even if not discounted, they have got a better finish than any brand I know, and that includes Rolex. I used to own this model: Before that, I owned a Rolex Explorer II, which is very similar, and the GS easily beat it when it came down to finish. The attention to details is amazing. I eventually sold it because, for a sportswatch, the finish was almost too good. The polishing was so...