or Connect

Posts by flanker2000fr

Quote: Originally Posted by IBJanky So far so good, I love the way they look. Also fits my foot rather well. I wanna get the black version now myke I am happy for you, and hopefully you will not be disappointed. But as I mentioned in another post in this thread, you might be surprised at the characteristics of the antique nubuck used for this shoe (I assume that this is the model you have , as it's the one available on...
Quote: Originally Posted by SuitingStyle I got caught in a bad rain storm 2 days ago with my Tetbury, the shoes got soaked. Now the surface has dryed up, but I see a ring of water marks now left on the lether, near the sole. Anyone has any idea? BTW, I am in the same situation as the OP, and got both lether and suede boots, love them both. That's because the Tetbury with dainite sole is not made of calf, but nubuck that is polished and...
Unlined = lighter, more comfortable, suits warm environment Lined = more sturdy and better suited to cold / wet environment
It really depends if your foot is wide or narrow. The 348 last used on the Hallam is long and quite narrow. I believe it's the narrowest last they produce. So if your foot is on the narrow side, you can probably drop a full size and go for a UK 8.5. If it's wide, you might be better served by a UK 9. What is your width in the Delray, which you say fits you a bit loose?
There is a J.M. Weston store at IFC. I think they offer most models in 3 width, so you should find your fit. They are a bit pricy in HK, more than what you would pay in France, but quality is generally very good. Otherwise, try Tassels at 9 On Lan Street - Level 2. They have Edward Green's in a variety of lasts, you should find one that fits a narrow foot (would suggest a 888). Now, they surely do not come for cheap, but are probably the best thing your money can buy in...
I can't comment about the quality, it's been 15 years since I have bought my last pair of Church's. But where I think the main issue is, having handled pairs regularly at Church's stores and corners, is that the styling is still stuck somewhere in the 80's. I find them stocky, inelegant, and woefully unimaginative. They might still be very well constructed, but I wouldn't pay their current price tag given their styling.
Quote: Originally Posted by upnorth Thanks for sharing your experiences. Enjoy your shoes. Regarding my earlier comments, I've clarified with C&J that these should be listed as antique brown instead of the aniline brown leather (mis)labelled by pediwear. They seem to be of good quality from your pictures. I think that all the Handgrade shoes are made of aniline leather, or more probably semi-aniline leather.
Quote: Originally Posted by yfyf Despite owning a few pairs of 358 and 348 shoes, I never made a comparison. The 358 is more forgiving than the 348 for fit and now I can see why! My impressions after a full day wearing the Prestwood are similar to the ones expressed above: the 358 provides a bit more room than the 348, especially in the width. Which goes to confirm that it is an intermediate fit between the 337 and the 348: same length as the...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos Great looking shoes! So you need a 8.5 in the 337 because they are not long enough for your feet? That's unusual, as IMO the 337 fits looser all around compared with the 348. Lengthwise, the 358 looks identical to the 348? Is that so? Let's put it this way: when I "mirror" a 348 in UK 8 to a 337 in UK 8.5 sole against sole, they are of the same length. If I were to get a 337 in UK 8, my toes would hit...
Hello Votre Eminence, I am very surprised that this is the feedback that C&J would have given at the time. When you put a 358 next to a 348 and 337, it's pretty obvious that they are more similar to the former than to the latter. The best in case of doubt would be to ask Dimitri, since I think it's him who has designed these lasts.