or Connect

Posts by flanker2000fr

The JLC any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The Dunhill is nice, but they are not a true watch maker and at that price I would want some pedigree coming with the watch. Side comment on Dunhill: given their (very) wide offering, is it just me thinking they have become a Jack of all trades - master at none in the luxury business? The only thing I really find attractive in their line is their lighters and cufflinks
In general I wear 1/2 size less (8UK) in last 348 than I do with other C&J lasts like the 337 (8.5 UK). Having said that, the pair of 8UK Tetbury I bought in suede now wear almost too large. This is due to the nature of the suede that stretches more than regular calf. Not an issue, as I put an insole, but I could probably have gone to a 7.5UK in this specific model. From experience, the antique nubuck stretches very much like suede. I have got two pairs of Merton...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ich_Dien They are, I believe, the same colour. Unless of course those ones on offer are of a MTO run for a company, and by 'special order' it means they get C&J to make them up for you in a darker grain. I share your view: they are the same, unless they are different. In Vietnam or Thailand, they have an expression for this: "Same-same... but different". More seriously, they could indeed be the same, and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Singular /M Extremely nice watch. Here's its little cousin from the Marine Nationale.
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter4 From what I can gather, the Saphir Renovateur is the best stuff you can get, and is neutral color. It seems a bit hard to find, but you can find it on a french website called Valmour. I'm sure you could find plenty of SF members to go in on a shipment with you to cut down on shipping. I bought the stuff and found it amazing. I've read saddle soap will mess up your shoes but don't have any personal experience to...
I do own a number of C&J's on leather sole, and 4 models on dainite sole. As far as I am concerned, the dainite is way more comfortable than a full leather sole. It's more flexible, so it doesn't require as much of a "break-in" period. These are the shoes I take with me when I travel and spend a long time walking in airports, transfers etc. They also handle rain better. I personally like the scotch grain of the Pembroke, which I find suits well this style of full...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged Where does one buy a strap like this? I had this one custom made at Atelier Jean-Rousseau in Paris. http://www.jean-rousseau.com/jeanrousseau_us.html Their work is of very good quality, and they are a bit easier on the wallet than Atelier du Bracelet Parisien. They don't have the incredible variety of leathers of the ABP, but the selection they have is nice.
Quote: Originally Posted by JonF This is a great combination. I'm a sucker for NATO straps.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Herbert is the white stuff salt? ive had that occur to some Kangaroo leather RM Williams boots, it is easily dealt with and usually doesnt last long. No, it's not salt. This appeared on the very first time I wore them, after just a few minutes. The reason is the nature of the leather: they polish the nubuck with a wax to achieve a glossy finish, but walking with the shoe "breaks" this finish where the creases...
Another picture of my JLC Grande GMT, this time on a black buffalo with contrasted stitching. Someone in this thread mentioned that he was getting a bit tired of croc / alligator straps. I would highly recommend a good quality buffalo as a sportier alternative. It's a fraction of the cost, extremely sturdy, and looks good too.