or Connect

Posts by flanker2000fr

The Simpson last would be the sleekest, and it's very similar to the C&J 348. I wear the same size in both lasts.
I have this very boot, and a pair of C&J Sydney loafers in 341 last.I concur to what others have said. The Alcudia is slightly narrower than the 341, especially around the toe. If the 341 has a snug fit for you, you might want to go up a 1/2 size with the Alcudia. Case in point: my Carmina boot is in 8 1/2, while the C&J is in 8 (and I have to put a 1/2 sole in it). I know, it's very difficult to compare a boot and a loafer, but in this case I think it's pretty clear cut.
Within the course of a year, I've bought 6 pair of Carminas, which is fast becoming my favorite brand, ahead of C&J. Main reason is that the quality is on par, but prices are 20%-30% cheaper. And their cordovan models are unparallelled (and yes, I've owned Alden). Of those 6 pairs, 3 came from their Paris store, 1 from the Bacelone shop, 1 from Madrid Gran Via, and 1 from Madrid Claudio Coello. I haven't visited their Madrid Serrano store yet. By far, the best selection...
5512 on cordovan NATO Unlike other members' experiences, the strap fits nicely on my wrist, and I do not have to fight to get it through the case and the springbars.
Quote: Originally Posted by iroh oh gosh these so called NATO straps are so cheapy looking, SF'er should know better than to wear a watch strap just because some lame actor in a some spy movie decided to wear one on-screen. If he wore a watch strap made out of dirty toilet paper you guys would be wearing it too. I am so glad only like 0.00000001% of the population of watch wearers actually wear a NATO strap, glad you guys are the minority, so you are not...
Quote: Originally Posted by kolecho Very nice! BTW where do you guys get your NATO straps from? I used to get mine from Time Factors but their quality has gone downhill (too soft and frays easily unlike their earlier weaves that were solid). Benjamin, this is one spectacular 5512. Love the even patina on the dial and hands. Kolecho: for NATO's try a search on Gnomon...
Quote: Originally Posted by Singular Mark XV/XVI is a superb onewatch - does it all, is tough enough for using everyday but is still discrete enough to not look completely out-of-place to more elegant/formal clothes (especially on a strap). In addition to this it is somewhat under the radar, but still recognizable for those who appreciate it. I tend to favour the XV (due to the less ooooomphy dial/hands design), and I'd think that old British aviators...
Quote: Originally Posted by Metlin Nice watches, but I can't help but notice that for the most part, they seem rather large for your wrists. Not really, it's very much the angle at which the pictures were taken that give this impression. It's true I don't have a big wrist (6.5 inches), but the 40mm of these sports models fit just right.
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGuy I'm not experienced, nor have I had any issues walking in snow, hail and tropical rain whilst wearing leather soled shoes... however, my opinion stands that people who topy nice shoes are cheapskates who need to take a refresher course in walking / how to distribute their weight more evenly. BRB applying a rubber strap under my alligator strap because it will prevent my watch head moving due to its weight. It's...