or Connect

Posts by Monaco

Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum crazyquik's argument assumes that the fed (as a group of scholarly intellectuals who know more about money and economy than anybody else) knows enough to be able to "act quickly to address systemic shocks and bank panics". says who? who says congressmen will not be able to understand all the reasoning behind the fed's actions like "lender-of-last-resort, overnight lending to foreign governments, currency swaps,...
jesus christ...
Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff u h, i wouldnt recommend that. unless youre pushing a car on a slight incline, the slightest uneven surface would allow the car to coast. also, for exercise practicality, that doesnt do much becuase once you initially get the car rolling it moves for you. you'll have to push something that is more stationary. That is why I said flat empty lot and the exertion plus lunges afterward will do well for his...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragon In my amateur opinion, the first step in learning how to cook, is learning food itself. If you know what the end result should look/taste like, you probably have a better chance at producing good results. For example, it may be very good to start with eggs, but even most professional cooks don't even know how properly cook eggs. This is probably because they don't really know what the end result is supposed to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Opermann What about the claim of the Federal Reserve funding wars and giving money to other central banks? How about the fact that they have no Conressional oversight apart from a Bernanke speech here and there? Hmm, a goup of bankers, with the power to print money and set interest rates, with nefarious connections to the largest investment banks, without any oversight... sounds like a party to me. This is information that...
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyquik anti-democratic argument ahead!!! summary - An audit is bad because it will increase transparency but reduce the Fed's independence. Politicians will favor inflationary-policies and demagoguery to reward voters in the short-term, but to the long-term harm of the country. Accountability and transparency always sound like a good idea at first, so it makes sense that a Congressman would support the idea when they...
Quote: Originally Posted by onion Actually, in Ron Paul's book End the Fed, he says Paul Volker is the only chairman of the Fed he has any respect for, and believes actually tried to do the right thing for the US on a regular basis. On the other hand he believes Greenspan and especially Bernanke are pure politicians. Also why not audit the gold reserves? There is a video on youtube of a discussion between Alan Grayson and Scott G. Alvarez, the...
My boss from back in the day used to stockpile dozens of cartons of mild seven at a time, he was always giving it away, sorry this doesn't help you though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto I'm really curious to see who is behind those commercials. Who ever is trying to suck up all that gold aren't small timers. Yea, true that...could be anybody, even our very own and/or big time banking entities?
Quote: Originally Posted by Reggs What reason would anyone have to back out of a Fed audit? Political pressure? corruption? I wouldn't know, call up your congressmen but it is pretty blatantly obvious what side you're on when you're refusing transparency.