or Connect

Posts by PartagasIV

OPM 09 PL petit beli...not much honey or caramel one usually hopes for in a PL, they did nail the graham cracker at least.
@EpauletJust a small copy correction, the 'Merino Herringbone' lists 100% cashmere wool, and should prolly be merino wool, unless this is the bargain of the century and I need to bump my order up.
Very nice! Have you thought of who to use for engraving? The best independent guy domestically retired a bit ago (JC Randell), I missed out on using him for my 1931 Tribute. I don't know if there are any competent gun engravers near me, there is a guy in Australia who does watches (a la Madewell Rolexes) on Instagram that looks to do interesting work.
90's Churchill, excellent...Epicure#2 Reserva from the Festival gift box, lovely, OUR 09 Fundadore great, awful Monte Media Corona. Not pictured from tonight: utter crap 01 Grandes de Espana, crap 01 LGC Sabroso (bad storage, bad tobacco), 07 Bolivar CE from dress box, strong and tasty.
Totally agree on the 7+! I've been playing with the 'bokeh' (Depth Effect in Appleese) unlocked in the iOS 10.1 beta and it's incredible. The new RX100 V looks cool but prolly would only use it traveling. In for stingray MKII, and hopefully some ostrich lows?
A tremendous timepiece! Sad! Wow, but seriously...sad.
I like the wine analogue--if it's a crap wine, it's not going to get better with age. If the underlying raw materials are good, as with cigar tobacco, and pending good storage, yes, the cigars will get better with age. You can play with air exposure (cabinet of 50 vs. dress box of 25 vs. tubos vs vacumn sealing) to adjust how 'gracefully' cigars age. Groupthink is that for long term (5-15+ years) the less air exchange, the better. Single cigars in a desktop,...
Recent smokes: EL (yup!) '98 Fundadores. Few boxes of el Laguito-rolled Fundies out there....MKO '04 Siglo VI. Then POL '10 P#2, MKO '04 Lancero, '11 Sancho Molinos, JM '98 Famoso (rolled entubado, dimple under cap), 2/87 Romeo Corona, 11/87 Bolivar Belvedere from cello. P#2/Lancero/Molinos/Famoso were all from a good friend.
Ha, catching up--this was a late 80s box, stored in a UK shop for its entire life for one client who passed away. They weren't cheap with or without VAT. I also bought a Latour box from the same shop that I haven't cracked yet. I brought both boxes to meet up with a friend in London across from Davidoff and Eddie Sahakian stopped by. We all agreed the Margaux was the better box. Aroma was intense and amazing, cello was yellow and a double-axis cello like modern...
Nice! I got this 3-ply, as well as two solids also. Hoping mine are on the way shortly.