or Connect

Posts by Cool The Kid

Its also good practice to replace your helmet every 2-3 years. The impact absorbing components get old. I am gritting my teeth and saving up for a Shoei or Schuberth for something well made with good aero/noise control. I am still trying to figure out how to demo some damn bikes. All dealerships are pretty much giving me the finger, I guess for good reason. I just put out an offer on CL to pay for quick rides on random people's bikes.
I would get a Corbin if you can. My bike is obviously different but the stock seat was awful. I can ride on the Corbin all day and I got it used for a good price. And yea @Rumpelstiltskin I have a real knack for freak accidents. I broke my pinky in gym class when I was a goalie in a European handball (???) game.
Ha, no the funny part is I was so hopped up on adrenaline I picked up the bike, went to Target, walked around and came home. Wasn't till then that I realized something was seriously wrong, and the next day I went and got an x ray and a boot. Thankfully it was a small bone... it was pretty much healed in a week.
I think that was a Harlem exclusive lol.
Dude get good boots. I was riding in my Wolverine 1Ks and came across a plastic sheet leading up to a stop light. Bike lowsided violently and landed on my foot. Broke it. Def would not have happened with a legit motorcycle boot. U can get a decent pair for like $200, it's definitely worth it. Dont skimp on gear
Im gonna be honest, I just dont like Rippletits. Im not going to try and rationalize my dislike of SS beyond that. He and his accolytes.... yeesh. But at least they are lifting.
Yea good post BH. You are very right about the edge. I find myself leaning further and further on the street. I really need to just suck it up, get a suit and go do some track days. That is another thing I would recommend too, even after just a few months. There is a ton of value in knowing how you and your bike interact and respond at your collective limits, as well as developing the instincts and reflexes that can save your ass in an emergency. *EDIT* I would still get...
Not a good plan for a beginner IMO, too many moving pieces. Aside from getting more protein I don't think beginners should fuck with diet at all, until they learn the lifts and get some momentum going.
Do u use sleeves? My knees make all kinds of sounds when I squat but they feel fine with sleeves.
People still cockbuff Rippletits? The power of effective marketing.