or Connect

Posts by Cool The Kid

I'd be worried about potential overrevs, but that could happen to a street bike too. I downshifted when I was supposed to upshift at redline once bike still runs fine. No way to know so probably not worth worrying about.... that's the risk of buying used. If it's well maintained that should be enough.
I hear you. For me it would be cool to be able to pay some kind of annual fee and just be able to cycle through a wide range of bikes. I have no desire to own and most importantly maintain a wide array of bikes. One is enough of a PITA....RTC your exhaust doesn't have a baffle? Yea my bike would pretty much be unrideable without one. Even as is, 4 years in I think my packing is starting to go. It's just about perfect but I can see it getting annoying soon. Hoping I can...
It seems like you are more fond about having your current bike than riding it......I don't really see the point of 2 street bikes. 1 good bike is better than two bikes that complement each other IMO. I've been there with cars... whittled it down to 1 car and 1 bike that cover the gamut 100%.
Yami has grunt but I thought it was pretty friendly in its power delivery. I would still prefer the 700 for a variety of reasons though.
Buying new is just not something I can stomach. I was just talking hypothetically. I don't know that I buy the "more power to get out of dicey situations" logic though. I haven't ever come across such a situation in all my years of riding... and if you are getting chased by a road rager odds are high you aren't an innocent party . Plus while more power is nice it's no big deal. SF848, GSX-S750, FZ-09 all make like 30-50HP more than my bike, but when I got off of them I...
New SV looks like ass with that banana seat. Your gen is peak SV but it's not really fair to compare new vs used. And after riding those GSX-S bikes and the FZ-09, for me at least handling + character >>> power. A 1000cc 4 banger forces you to tip toe with the throttle and makes the handling sluggish. 600-750cc 4s feel about the same or slower than twins/triples on the street. They handle about as well but don't sound anywhere near as good. Regular 4 banger engines feel...
Its a fucking crime we don't get the XSR700 Definitely not as clean or pretty as something like a Monster 900 or Bonneville but definitely more.... interesting... than an FZ-07.
Wow @Lorcan7 I went from hating to loving that fit in one spoiler click. Great details
You should give tracking a try. You'd be surprised.
Do you track your calorie intake?