or Connect

Posts by Johnny24

I am looking to see if anyone would be interested in this specific coat http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=720&Product_Id=1516641&Parent_Id=711&sort_by=§ioncolor=§ionsize= I have one in a BB1 (which seems quite hard to find) and one in a more common BB3.......I would be looking to move these each at $320, shipped, domestic USA only. Respond here or PM and let me know. The tags are present and uncut/unmarked.
I can't say I know Susan by name, but if you pointed her out to me I would most likely recognize her. I don't shop in that store all the time but I have been in there enough to know the faces of most of the SA staff.I have been to the Tyson's store a couple times, once also in soccer gear from coaching, put I paid off my BB card in cash and talked knits and grenadines with an older SA. He instantly gave me respect despite my Adidas track suit and running shoes. The other...
My best suggestion is to get a pair of traditional black cap toes, like you have posted. If you can afford to go a bit higher in price get some AE Park Ave's or Fifth Ave's. Some will say the Fifth is too showy and slightly less formal because of the perfing on the toe. I will call BS on that (unless you are are trying to wear them with a tux). No one will notice it really, and its give a touch of life to the shoe without limiting them like a wingtip. I am not sure what...
Between my days in retail in high school/college and with a serious girlfriend in the high end retail game, I would never abuse or encourage abuse. Returning an item with-in the guidelines they set is fine, including returning items tagged and with a receipt after a couple of months if they have an unconditional policy, or the ability to look up receipts. I have heard horror stories though from Nordstrom folks (gf included). People returning items that weren't even sold...
I wouldn't get anything under 3 inches, unless it is a 2 3/4 or 2 7/8 inch knit in silk or wool. You said $25 mint for it.....that is $25 that you don't have to put towards a tie of sensible width. How wide are your laples that you will be paring the tie with, for the most part? Personally I only own one wool in solid navy blue, it is 3 inches and from Lands End Canvas. I scored it for $4.00. It works with nearly everything because of the color, and I don't have much...
As per their return policy (sorry for the length): I have had nothing but a positive experience in Brooks and even their outlet sotres when I go there to look for ties from the retail shops. I have returned ties at "346" that were a gift from my mother because they were too wide (4 inch Golden Fleece retail model) w/o a receipt but with tags. They gave me a store credit at the listed tag price, which is way better than refusing to take it back. I also bought a seersucker...
They had/maybe have (not sure these days) a factory near E-A, and they also did tailoring work in Hunt Valley as I have been told. According to my alterations guy they had a shop in their Towson store way back when, and he was the only custom tailor that ever had a store front in JAB, think boutiques like in Bergdorf Goodman, but the JAB label went on his work. My guy is an old Greek man, not Italian, but still a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to fit, and...
I had a discussion via email with them a few months ago about their MTM suiting options and what local tailors they trust with alterations work...They were fact in their reply and gave in-depth answers but what I wasn't sure of when it came to their service was the ability to take correct measurements and produce a suit that won't need a few remakes or extensive tailoring when it comes back. I was told in the email that a "Swiss group" does all their tailoring for every...
I would either get some AE's, socks, or collar stays (it never hurts to have back ups). Just about anything else from there I would avoid....I am not saying that with groupthink in mind either, their stuff just fits poorly unless you are portly or you just don't care about detail. It is pretty sad what has happened to their quality level....I live in Maryland and you can often find old Banks stuff in thrift stores around Annapolis, and Towson (their old factory was in...
Black/very dark shirts with a satin tie scream high school, Express, bad Oscar costume, or Silvio Dante........The only time you should do it is if you are required as a waiter/bartender/bouncer, or some other jobs (I had to do the black shirt and tie as bouncer in my meathead days, the black shirt hid blood easily, but a tie is useless in a bar fight). Being that the OP is a teen, it is likely that he will encounter one of those jobs soon, before moving onto bigger and...