or Connect

Posts by Berob

So I've got a modest collection of AE going and would like to add a wingtip to it. My current line-up consists of black PA, merlot PA, brown Fifth Avenue, walnut Strands, and burgandy shell Randolphs. I have seen the McAllister, MacNeil, Jefferson, and Cambridge (shell only?) mentioned frequently, but I'd like to know what model you prefer/recommend and why, as well as what color you think would be most appropriate for me given my current inventory. If it matters, I'm...
Some good looking stuff here. Has me intrigued. http://www.mitchell-leather.com/Horween_Leather_Options.html
He clearly left out the word "buy" out of the title and you know that from reading his post.
Seems I've walked a 1,000 miles in my house trying to decide between sizes 9.5 and 10 in the Wolverine 1000 mile boot, and I've concluded I'm a 9.75. In thinner socks the 9.5 seems to work best and with thicker wool socks the 10 seems to work best. I guess it depends on which type of socks I plan to wear most, but I'm curious about 2 things. I know the boots won't stretch in length but how much will they stretch in width? Also, can anyone correlate the size you wear in...
Jamison, Any chance of a restock on the lambswool flannels in dark grey size 36? Thanks.
As an FYI, I was in the AE Outlet Store in Mebane, NC last week and they had the Brooks Brothers shoes on sale for 2 for $300.
So I've somehow wound up in possession of brown Neumoks and brown and tan McTavishs and sadly need to make a choice to keep only one of these 3 pairs of shoes. I plan to wear them with casual attire (jeans, chinos, etc.) up to and including business casual attire. Any help as to the most appropriate and versatile would be appreciated. Thank you.
Looking for my first pair of HY gray flannels and am considering ordering a pair of both the lambswool and classic flannels to compare the American vs. Italian cuts with the idea that I'll keep only the pair that fits the best. I'm Looking for the most versatile gray and the colors available for each are quite different. In other words, the shades are much lighter in the lambswool than in the classic given the same description (e.g. light, mid, dark/charcoal), so I'm...
Looking for a more casual casual shoe and am considering the McTavish or the Neumok. Need some help being pushed towards one of them. Thoughts?