or Connect

Posts by Berob

I can't directly help you with your question but I'm under the impression that only prescription sunglasses (not regular sunglasses) are eligible for FSA dollars. Maybe that's what you're talking about but just wanted to raise that issue in case it's not. Good luck.
So irrespective of one's current warddrobe and tie inventory, what are your top 5 Hobers? Asked differently, if you had to buy Hobers at once and could never buy any more, what would they be? I'm sure something along this line has been asked or discussed in the previous 260 pages, but given the passion and enthusiam that most Hoberites have for the product, together with the new offerings and new converts, I assume its an opinion many won't mind offering, even for the...
I assume the insoles on the 1000 Mile are not removable, correct? For those that have added insoles, what have you found works well or doesn't work? I have used Superfeet Green in other shoes but am not sure how they might work in these boots. Thanks.
Getting ready to place my first order and am just curious what width most of you folks are ordering. For context, if it matters, I'm a 47-year old finance professional and am assuming 3.5" is an appropriate, middle-of-the-road width. Thoughts?
Recently I have purchased a couple of pair of plain front wool trousers that I ended up taking to two different tailors to have hemmed. In both cases I asked for just a slight break with no cuff, and in both cases the tailor told me I should angle the hemline so that the back (towards the heel of the shoe) is slightly longer. It seems to me that on pants with virtually no break the hemline is straight, which makes sense, but I'm wondering what the thoughts are on the...
I'm planning to order my first pair of flannel pants and am going to go with the lambswool due primarily to the US cut, as these have fit me well in some other pants I have ordered from HY. In terms of versatility, I'm wondering if the mid, dark, or charcoal gray of this model would be best. I plan to wear them casually and would like to be able to wear them with brown suede shoes. Thanks in advance for any advice.
So I'm at the point where I'd like to expand my modest Hober collection that currently consists of just a dark navy grossa and a burgandy grenadine grossa. I'm thinking of adding 3 more with my next order and am looking for opinions as to what should be included to begin to round out my Hober starter kit. It seems to me that the #3 Powder Blue & Brown Stripes on Midnight Blue Grenadine Gross is obligatory, so what else falls into the "must have" category? Thanks in...
Can someone clarify the differences between Persol 2747, 2803, and 2761? I've tried them on in different places at different times but never all at once so the differences are indiscernible to me. I know the sizing is slightly different but that's all I can tell. Thanks in advance.
Received my first HY order consisting of trousers in tropical wool (US) and four season wool (Italian), both in size 36, and love the quality. I'm 6' tall, weigh 178 pounds, have an average build, and normally wear a 35 waist. Based on advice previously posted in this thread, I ordered both trousers in a 36 and while they fit great in the waist (probably need to be taken in slightly), the Italian is too narrow and the rise too short. The US fits great everywhere,...