or Connect

Posts by shoreman80

Quote: IMHO, you'd be better off buying three pairs of BR flat fronts, and using the savings to buy a pair of shoes. Agreed. I think you have to decide what you value more, quality or wearability. They shouldn't be mutually exclusive, but I don't have enough really nice pants to wear them every day, and sometimes I just want pants I can throw on and not worry about if I spill my coffee. In that respect BR has treated me pretty well, and their stuff...
esquire, You've encouraged me to go back and re-read that passage when I get home tonight; and maybe the whole thing. Until then, I can't offer much insight into what she's crying about, though you can be sure it's not simply the considerable beauty and volume of Gatsby's shirt collection. I don't think it can be simply explained as the pressure of their somewhat affair welling over. I'll check it out; I taught Gatsby for a little while just out of college, so I'm sure...
I don't normally see too many nice (not too too nice, e.g. EG) mid-size shoes on ebay (I'm an 11d), but there's a few out there right now. Seller Grapevinehill has a lot of Polo italian-made shoes, and there's a couple of others. None fit my needs, so i figured I'd post 'em up. Gucci Monkstraps... I couldn't pull them off, but then I'm only a mild dandy. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....8505200 Seller also has some nice AEs, but the price isn't so attractive. Check out their...
Wow, someone really overpaid for that shoe, that's unbelievable. The question is, how could there be two people willing to spend $300+ on that? Someone had to be outbidding this guy. HRHAndrew got Edward Greens from Grapevinehill for significantly less $$. Pardon my vocal gawking, I don't actually know anything about the Fearson, though I was considering bidding on one in a size 11. I like the Fredrick boot as well. Grapevinehill must be damn excited. If forced to offer...
Tom, www.jpressonline.com They're a little pricey for stuff I can get for cheaper at Brooks Bros., but their pedigree is more consistent, if that's important. I think their 1984, 1994, and 2004 collections are probably all quite similar. Looks Like they're having a sale, too. "Madras ties, sweet." -PCU
Quote: It would be paired with a pair of YSL violet trousers, chisel toed black Lattanzi's, a white shirt by Demeulemeester, a Bottega Veneta cap from the 2001 collection, Dries von Noten vest, and a a Vivienne Westwood skull tie. With a black Lucien Pellat-Finet belt. LabelKing, I see you're living up to your username. If someone (elsewhere) said they'd like to match a heavily accessorized black leather jacket with purple pants, black shoes, a white...
I know folks round here decry (validly) J Crew's quality, and they've been REALLY beholden to the preppy trend, pretty much forever. But for those of us on a strict budget but with stylistic aspirations they have some nice stuff. If you check out their website soon, they should still have some summer sale selection. This stuff goes quick. Pick up a seersucker suit (they don't use real sizes, unfortunately) for like $140.   I'm embarrassed by my emoticons - doesn't...
If I could pull that off, I might like it, but since it's totally not my style, I will say it would look good with "DICEMAN" bedazzled on the back. Oh.
Andrew, I see you won the auction for these loafers. Congrats. Seems like you got a pretty good price, they look beautiful. You'll have to post some pics when you get them. If they'd have been oxfords, I would've tried to beat you, but I have too many slip-on shoes already.
The Post had a quick interesting article on Georgio Armani's costume design for the new film about Cole Porter. I was considering seeing it anyway, though what has Kevin Kline done lately? "My Life as a House"?