or Connect

Posts by Jsoftz

Just got a two new suits in that I had previously been asking about here, both in Dugdale cloth. Here is the first one with some shots taken fresh out the box. First a typical SF bathroom shot and then some my girlfriend took when she got home. Also I got some new Thurston braces in the mail the same day, so though I'd try those out, too.For reference this is my 3rd/4th suit from Chan. I have posted my very first suit here previously. Shirt is also brand new from CEGO,...
Quick question: http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/edward-green/chelsea-dark-oak.html Here, EG Dark Oak looks almost reddish burgundy. I want a burgundy colored shoe but am looking for something darker and more understated than some of the brighter red shoes that are marketed as "burgundy." Since I'm a bit RG colorblind.. could anyone let me know if they think the Dark Oak color is a straight up dark brown or if it has that burgundy tint to it that I see in the...
I asked him this and he said that it isn't even on their price list anymore - so not available. I'm open to other choices including the Dugdale they recommended, Lesser was just a known-known for me so I gravitated there first.
I just had my appointment with Patrick and Arnold of WW Chan in Chicago today. I'm looking at getting my third and fourth pieces from them, respectively and I'm looking at mid weight worsted charcoal suit and a more casual light grey summer weight suit. After doing some research here, I wanted to get them made in Lesser's tropical and the 10oz books but discovered that they only currently have the gold lumb book which is decidedly out of my price range. I already have...
I've recently become interested in upgrading my furniture and have become taken with the MCM aesthetic as is probably typical for someone of my age and interests. Up until now all my furniture was probably worth less than two of my suits. I've been reading up here and looking at places like DWR and don't see much love for the sofa sectional. In my space, it would work a lot better than a sofa/loveseat and I just feel like it would I'd get a good amount of use of the...
That appeals to me although I am a bit worried about the feel of it. When I look at Lesser's website I'm unable to find the Tropical stuff. Any recommendations?To clarify I'd be looking for a light grey tropical wool.. smoother hand to it than the fresco stuff I already have. And then a charcoal standard weight worsted.
Hey folks. Chan is in the middle of one of their US tours and I have an appointment on Sunday to get measured and make some orders. Originally, I had planned to order a Lesser Tropical in a light grey and a Lesser Super in a charcoal but I heard that they have neither in their stock. Anybody with a good knowledge of Chan's cloth books that can recommend some reasonable facsimiles? I have two suits from Chan already and love them, one in a Navy Smith Woollens Excel 110s...
They fit comfortably. The laces were just a bit more open than I'd like and would want to see close up. I also think with dress-weight socks they might close a bit better.
Also my bad the shoe was the Mitchell. Westfield was a C&J.
They were $1140, about. I wasn't really wearing dress weight socks here. Forgot to pack socks and just bought a bunch of Uniqlo socks while I was in NYC. It's interesting to hear that they don't stretch too much because the reps at both Leffot and The Armoury said that I could expect St Crispin and others to give a bit in the instep.