or Connect

Posts by Man in Black

I just picked up a pair of Raleigh's at Barneys, in the Camden style, Fog wash, which is a grayish white. The cut is thin, and fits me like a glove. The fabric is amazing, like butter. It has a touch of spandex, which makes them really comfortable, and helps with the fit. I loved the use of red chain stitch on the inner side of the hem, so I had my tailor cut and reattach the original hem, and he did a nice job. It would have been even nicer if the mill could have cut...
Quote: Originally Posted by Seward1 Try Ledbury. www.ledbury.com Its a shirtmaker that I recently launched for this very reason. I lived in London for years and when I came back to the States I could never find shirts that fit. Our classic line is slimmer cut than most American shirtmakers and we also have a slim fit collection. Wish your sizing started at 14.5. 15 just won't do.
Quote: Originally Posted by needshoehelp Bumping an old thread with a question. Now at this same location there is a "Bendi's Fine Fitting and Tailoring"--is this the same operation as before? It's open about 3-4 days a week per the sign. But when I search for Bendi's online, I get Benny Ho, who I understand has retired. Any insight? Before he retired, Benny told me not to use Bendi for anything more than hemming a pair of pants. That is...
Quote: Originally Posted by DrZRM Any experience with Dick Robasson at Le Coutarier? I know he won Best of Boston 2008 for tailoring, he was recommended to me by a high end consignment owner. I like Mario, but don't love the shop. Anyone have any experience? I have been using Le Couturier in Cambridge since Benny Ho retired. I was initially very pleased, as the results were good, and he was much cheaper than Benny. But the last job I...